MM 4X4? ANY ONE ELSE HAD ISSUES!?

jack54turbo

But they blame it on being understaffed. If that is so then they must be getting enough orders to justify hiring more staff and with things how they are its not like theres no-one looking for the work, with LR knowledge too. Its just seems to me they can't be arsed.

Hi all!

i sent an email to mm containing peoples comments(no names etc!) on the matter, and so far not a sausage!! :o what a surprise!!!!!

ill post the email up when(and if! :lol: ) i get one back

cheers

jack

lol and yes i used to get on with scorpion untill my bumper whent rusty after 4mnths of ON Road use!!!!!, and the seats they sold me had allready been in someones car!!

plus to top everything off collin has apparently dissapeared off the face of the earth! :blink: , no reply to emails, phone calls, and when i ask Ros when he will be in she said things like, ere.. dont know, not sure when hell be in and "you know what he's like he's allways out n about etc!"

so NO! my relationship with ScrapIron is not so cushty !!!!, devon 4x4, paddock and Qt services, offer unbeatable products and services!!!!

jack

also add to the last post Ashcroft, X-Eng, and LLAMA. Excellent service from them all, and thats with or without any discounts being applied. Customer service is lookinafter who is giving you your crust, without any question. The stated 3 definitely do that.

Going out on a limb I would def add Paddocks. Sent me an item without paying the postage, when I phoned up got an instant positive credit on my card. Thats what I call customer service.

I ordered a bumper and new bolts for a 2a i was rebuilding a few years back. The bumper arrived but the bolts were metric. A quick phone call later then the next day a packet came with the right sized AF bolts and they said just keep the others for the hassel they may come in handy. Well i placed an order for £300 worth of parts.

On another occasion i bought a new rad for my old V8 110 unknown to me some had soldered a fitting in the side for the kenlowe fans. When i phoned up and said there was a problem some guy (can't remember his name) told how to mod the top hose to get the fans working again. Excellent knowledge like this really helps out young people ( i was at the time) when they are still learning.

That's customer service admitting their mistakes and helping when they can even after the sale. Thats whats required to make you go back there again.

I live in Gloucestershire, so used to use MM4x4 quite a bit when I first got my 90. The feeling that always came from them was that they could run a fabulous shop if only the customers would bugger off and stop bothering them. On a couple of occasions the parts that they supplied were simply the wrong size (eg. jate rings 15mm too wide - they had made them on site, I was told later) but they said that they should be like that - with a gap between the chassis and the jate rings. Other things annoyed me to the point that I just stopped going there, and went to Christian Autos in Bristol - a longer journey but miles better service and prices.

One thing that always annoyed me was that unless you could tell them the proper name or part number for something, they would never be bothered to have a hunt for you - it was just too much trouble. I tried describing a seal by saying what it attached to, expecting them to show me some kind of exploded diagram with part numbers on so that I could point to the part that I wanted, but they simply couldn't be arsed.

There was nothing particularly serious - I don't like ordering things over the net - I like being able to look at the part before I hand over cash, but the general impression that I got from the staff left a bad taste in my mouth, so I just stopped spending my cash there and went elsewhere. I would never wish any company ill, and am sure that they will continue to advertise in enough magazines to make sure that there are enough new fools who know no better wishing to be parted with their money, but now that I know better, I will steer clear.

I have to admit I've used a few companies now for parts as I have sadly rebuilt 4 trucks in the last 2 years, and I'm half way through a fifth!

I live right next door to Paddocks (well not far away) and all I can say is Bob on the trade counter there is well worth his weight in gold, which isn't cheap :)

Never had any real issuse with paddocks, just poor quality britpart carp and a bad batch wipac lights, all replaced free of charge and no proof needed as to the failed item, it's also nice to be met with a happy face even though they all do look a little stressed at times!

Guest otchie1
I have to admit I've used a few companies now for parts as I have sadly rebuilt 4 trucks in the last 2 years, and I'm half way through a fifth!

I live right next door to Paddocks (well not far away) and all I can say is Bob on the trade counter there is well worth his weight in gold, which isn't cheap :)

I can throw in a similar good word for Premier's trade counter in Guildford. More than happy to dig through the parts books/software to make sure you get the right part first time.

Also helps that they have the Series Itch pretty bad :-)

I have to say that reading through the comments above I have been always been lucky. I used to use Craddocks who I spoke about earlier in post and rate them as useless IMO. :( Paddock I generally use if I need something specific and have a part no. (and know it wont be britpart or a britpart copy)

MM have always been handy as they are closer and generally do call me when they order bits. The knowledge may not be 100% but that is a rare thing to find in sales staff unless they are passionate about LR's to the extreme. I like that I can walk in and look through the computer for the bits I need and see exactly what I am buying/ordering. I have always found the staff who served me to be helpful, Richard and not sure of other chap. The other bonusof being local is being able to collect and see.

I used to use Famous Four exclusively, but when old chap "Barry? :unsure: " retired no real effort was made by the juniors who didn't really know or care which parts were sent out. Craddocks even argue with you about which part you wanted.

I'm also impressed with Island 4x4 (mail order/internet) at the moment after a superb new alternator and RR Classic ignition switch.

just my experience

Pete

I used to order from Paddock but after a few problems with the Britpart rubbis I tought: Lets try onother one. So just ordered a pair of 3 degree corrected radius arms from them and at the website the picture is clerly of the QT 3degree so I assumed that is what i get. To my surprise it's Britpart and at a lot of places the paint is non existent. You can clearly see the paint is put on the bare metal. rubbish. I want to return them so will send a complaint first. Might change my mind based on the negitive feedback for getting your moneyback.

Won't be buying there again!

Where to buy??????

If you want QT arms why not buy them from QT ?

I prefer the Britpart ones myself, not had a problem with the paint on mine though. A lot of suppliers are selling Britpart kit without saying it's Britpart including Devon 4x4. Probably best to check before you order if you want a specific manufacturer/supplier.

I did once get a Prestolite starter motor from Paddocks despite phoning the order in and specifically telling them I didn't want a Prestolite motor so checking beforehand is not always fool proof !

Pattern parts use the same part numbers as genuine parts. Unless it specificly states otherwise then don't assume manufacturer. The NRC4304 and NTC3285 springs I bought from Paddock spares were Britpart

I would add Matt Savage to the list of recomended shops. Before I bough some air bags to go in the rear springs I e-mailed Matt a few times with questions about them and each time got e-mailed back sensible, knowledgable answers which weren't pressuring me to buy.

My dad being a member of the disco3 forum he gets dealership discount at a particular dealer, Yeovil I think. I get some parts that way. I've ordered some new side lights that way, genuine ones at paddocks prices. I thought it a better bet than possibly ending up with wipac ones.

having had first hand experience with paddocks,craddocks and mm,paddocks are the only ones i would deal with again,i had an issue with both a drop arm and a brake drum,due to manufacturing defects,not a problem with either for paddocks,where as when craddocks sent a colway m/t tyre that was defective,wayne the parts manager reconed if he ever met me he would punch me!!!!!!!!!some customer service.mm ripped me off on carriage when i bought from them.

I have just bought a 90 200tdi and wanted to start off buying a new set of tyres! So i called MM and a simple resuest was made for BFG MT and new modular rims to match. I had a call back to confirm that they had them in stock and i could pick them up at my conveniance! i paid for them over the phone and went over to pick them up, however i got there and they had arranged some cheap rubbish for my new landy which i had already paid for! NOT what i requested! so a wasted journy for one, i asked for a full refund and the guy behind the counter said that he wouldnt be able to do the refund until the following day evan though i was stood in front of him! i argued for some time until he went away and came back with a refund repceit!! why he couldnt have done this befroe i dont know? The customer service is rubbish and will now be using someone else for all my parts in the future!

Im new to the landy stuff ,

got me 1st 300tdi defender .

and mm4x4 was the only people whos got all the stuff i needed ,so i have spent over £900 with them on snorkal/bush kits hole landy /k&n fillters /shocks pro comp /springs/ and the list goes on .

asim doing the hole thing up .

Now me wifes got a disco 300tdiat xmas and ordered bits for that and some for mine most of the partsfor disco were right and few was wrong .

phoned them up and they got a nice bloke to collect .and 3 weeks later get refund after number of calls and richard did say in his defence he totaly forgot about it and it was done that day .

but give them there due they do seem very busy and they have got every thing under one roof which is good for keeping track of what im ordering ./and fast .

id keep useing them and i find chris is the best as he got time to talk and he does double check before he pu the phone down .

if you have refund oweing.

when phoneing up and ask for returns and ask for richard he deals with all the refund and returns .

hope this helps all

HI all

just thougt you all would like to know that MM 4x4 have obviously decided that despite all our comments to not even sending a reply!!!

my parts still havent been picked up!!

ill post em back and hope that eventually that i might get some money back!!

cheers all

jack

At the risk of being lynched....

I ordered some parts from MM4x4 recently. I had pretty good service - nothing special, but all the right bits turned up at the door at the right time. Chap I spoke to was pleasant enough - he apologised that he didn't have all the bits in stock and offered to send the parts in two packages. I declined this, but it isn't overly common to find a supplier willing to split a small order.

I had a good experience, and may well use them again.