MM 4X4? ANY ONE ELSE HAD ISSUES!?

jack54turbo

Hi all

recently chriss from "MM4X4" convinced me he could beat paddocks excellent service.

so i gave them a go, i ordered amongst other things a polly bush kit, i was invoiced for one but a day later a second kit turned up!

i spoke to chriss, and arranged on a refund bassis to send the kit back to them(pretty honest if you ask me!)

so i did, phoned to confirm they had received it back, great!, but NO! It took me about 2 weeks to get the money back in the form of a p+p discount on my second order!

they got parts on this order wrong, so once again i arranged to send them back.

about four times this has happened now, and when i asked for some kind of an appologetic discount i was offered the online 5%!!!! that i could have got by ordering online!!!!

the mistakes made where not small!, (they had all pos details, year, model, engine model, chassis number, reg number etc!)

so when i told them it was a 96-90 300tdi, why they sent me a decat pipe, a td5 water pump and repeater lense(that was rong on the previous order!) i dont know

after all this i had spoken to many people (chriss, martin, david), on one ocasion i was told by david that "we are extremely under staffed at the moment" and that i should not expect anything to happen quickly!!!!!

they now owe me a conciderable sum of money, and i have boxes full of bits i do not want!!!!

plus the cam mod kit i ordered, one of the rollers seized just minutes after fitting it and melted the belt!!(this was not fitted by me do not know exact details)

maybe my experience is just a one off freak show!

any one else had issues/problems???

cheers jack

I have found that the quality of service has dropped over the last few years. Every time they have told me, that they would call me regarding a part etc. They have never bothered! Never had a issue with swapping parts, but I only live down the road from them. I expect it would be a different issue if I had to order parts through the post..... So now I have started to use Paddocks instead, much better.

I have found that the quality of service has dropped over the last few years. Every time they have told me, that they would call me regarding a part etc. They have never bothered! Never had a issue with swapping parts, but I only live down the road from them. I expect it would be a different issue if I had to order parts through the post..... So now I have started to use Paddocks instead, much better.

I completely agree its like once they have your money that it job done!

and there answer to a mistake seems to me to be another mistake!

a simple sorry would be nice!!

lol

jack

I wont be using them again after last time.

I have`nt used them for 12 months due to a very time consuming and costly nightmare with a winch and front rad arms.

So saturday just gone I had to travel over that way, so I called them at 09:15 am to see if they had the stub axles and bearings i wanted, a nameless chap answerd the phone and I asked about the stub axles, he answered "what are stub axles ? what do they look like" I tried to explain but was getting nowhere fast. I asked if I could speak to someone who would understand my request, I was told "everyone else is busy" I asked if he could get some to call me back, "yes no problem" he said and promptly put the phone down without taking my name or number :(

Oh well went to Craddocks great service as usual :D:D

Tim

Guest otchie1

Never used them but you seem to be far more forgiving than I am - no way would i have let it run that long.

Phone your bank/credit card - goods not received, reverse payment and make the junk you've received available for collection by MM's courier for 10 days before you start charging them storage.

I've always found them quite helpful to be fair - never ordered on-line or over the phone though.

A couple of the guys, don't know thier names, are much more knowledgable than the other two so when I go in the store I always wait for them.

After I did my TDi coversion and was trying to cobble an exhaust together, they let me go in thier stores room and have a look through the stock till I found the right looking part, which I thought was pretty decent.

My only complaint is that they use too much Britpart and rarely have a genuine or good OEM option, so I tend to use APB nearby who don't buy carp.

a few years back i had this from them. it was quite a big order....suspension lift etc....

can you see whats wrong with it ( its a discovery one )

after calling and having to prove via pics on email that it was wrong :angry: they eventuly sent me another one out.

post-2591-1234340524_thumb.jpg

I've bought from them and not had any major problems, but they've definitely changed their approach recently.

Relevant to your post; i haven't found anyone who can compete on customer service with Paddocks.

I've mentioned it before, but i even sent a box of chocolates to Carol at Paddocks this one time for getting a clutch pipe to me, proper through-my-postbox to me in the morning, when i rang her just before 5pm: 12 hour service and no charge.

THAT is service.

I've had everything from tyres to bolts from Paddocks, superb.

When i bought my 90 it came with a lot of parts that had the MM 4X4 logo on them. The quality of the parts was quite good but i cannot comment their service.

However, I have bought plenty from Paddocks over the years and all i can say is perfection. Good stock levels, good delivery times and staff with good product knowledge.

I've used paddocks and will continue using them for the foreseeable future, service is always great and they know their parts. MM 4x4 sent me a jack that a farmer would be ashamed to admit he had owned for 10 years, it was in appalling condition.

i have had issues with mm4x4. i had my steering box reconditioned by them, cheapest at the time. and i actually exchanged the faulty unit when collecting the new unit. i didnt receive the surcharge back and after 3 weeks i rang them to see what has happened. they said that they had not received the old unit yet and that is why i had not had the surcharge back. i told them that i gave it to them when collecting the new unit, they said that i shouldnt have been charged the surcharge if that was the case so i got them to sort it out which took another 2 weeks.

really the product rarly varies form place to place but its the customer service that makes you go back

a few months ago i couldnt rate mm4x4 more highly i spent a good few thousand with them on my rebuild, but the last order i made with them was online and everything was ok but the extended arches i ordered came as 3 door ones, so rang em up and said you sent me the wrong arches as i ordered the 5 door ones

the guy on the phone said you cant have the wrong ones as they dont make a 5 door bobtail which i replyed they do and ive got one, i asked why no one bothered to phone me and ask me before they assumed what vehicle i had

got there in the end but took alot of messing around i have been put off from using them in the future

father inlaw raves about dingocroft so i think ill give them a try

Never use MM4x4 but I'm a regular buyer from Paddocks.

Occasionally they fall foul due to the legendary S41tpart quality issues. Take for example a V8 oil pump drive gear I ordered along with a pile of othe bits. It took me a while to figure out why I couldn't assemble this gear in the pump housing. It turned out that the gear was badly pressed onto the shaft and was not concentric! Chinese manufacturing eh!

The good thing was that when I phoned Paddocks about returning the part for a refund (I had purchased a replacement locally on a Friday afternoon) I met no resistance at all. Just 'please post it to us and we'll refund the item and the postage'. That's the kind of service I want.

Now if they could sort out the quality of the parts to begin with.......

my vote goes to island 4x4

linky

used them recently first time for springs ordered monday delivered tuesday

and vacumn pump for 300tdi

ordered sunday delivered tuesday. this was a genuine one for less than everyone else wanted for a Britpart or all makes one

paul

thank god its not just me!!!!!!

thanks so much guys just the turn out i needed this discussion will be sent to chriss(the par ts manager at mm4x4 weel see what they have to say for them selves!!

there is no excuse for sloppy service with the resources that are available today,

jack :lol:

Ow! And one more thing after my comment to chriss concering the fact there is no literature in with there cam mod kit at all

MM have made an attempt by adding a few sheets of a4 paper with almost unreadable writing on it!!!

in the end i gave up i have told chrisn i will send these items back to him and for the meen time have forked out another £80 on top of the £100 ish hey owe me! on top of the original £300 order!!!!! :blink:

a confused jack!

I used to use MM4x4 a fair bit as they are only a few miles away, Generally they were ok, but the competence of some of their so called "sales advisors" has to be questioned.

Typically problems included:

I wanted some body mount rubbers, the bloke behind the desk had no idea what one was or where to find it on the system.

When finding a nut to go with a bolt the sales advisor put an M10 bolt on a 3/8" bolt.

When I asked for a K&N filter to fit a 70mm diameter OD cylinder, the sales advisor was unable to measure the difference between 70mm and 74mm with a ruler.

These are not major problems but clearly some of their staff are to inexperienced to provide good service and this ultimately lead to my major upset with them.

When your standing in a shop over an hour, trying to sort out an part that was not what had been specifically asked for the second time and then the customer services (chris?) repeatedly accuses you of "having them on" you start to get a rather annoyed. I'm not the best of people for arguments or resistant to insults, after bottling it up for over an hour and getting no where I left the filter with them to sort out another day and to give myself a breather.

How on earth I managed to drive home without incident I don't know (possibly because the 300gd is so slow), but in hind sight driving with that much mixed emotion was not safe.

Poor service is one thing, but insulting the customer is quite a another. They did give me back the 74mm filter (the first one which was a bit too big and offered a discount, but I don't consider this any incentive to go back again.

Since then I have rang them up once to see if they had a radiator hose in stock when the other local LR shop hadn't, but MM4x4 didn't either and the hose was more expensive from them.

That's a bit unfair to mm. The service of service in these posts is at a level far surpassing scrapiron's best efforts.

Now I know before I write this I will get some hate mail :unsure: But I did buy a number of items from scorpion an found them to be very helpfull on the phone, the deliveries turned up on time, with the correct stuff inside. I did buy a couple of exide gel battery`s; one after ten months hard use failed and they made arrangements for me to collect a replacement from a dealer close to me, then they made good with the dealer which I thought was exceptional service. Then to top it all I had a feature on my Bobtail jakey in Performance car mag, the author mentioned Scorpion as one of the suppliers, A week after publication I received a box of goodies from Scorpion and it had nice usefull stuff in it too, I nor the author had told them, they just read the artical and decided to thank me.

So fairs fair !!! credit where its due

It took me a week of screaming and shouting at M&M to get a refund on a mistake they made, on what seems to be a regular thing with them, being accused of trying it on.

Tim