Wading depth for a Td5

Folks we're all bailing into a pals Td5 110 SW tonight for a wee trip west to catch some surf. There's a spot thought that may require a fairly long wade. What's the safe wading depth for a 110 Td5? I'm fairly sure the water wont be more then about 2ft deep, a standard Defender will handle that once a bow wave is maintained won't it?

George

Mine had wading plugs with it just had nowhere fit it.

LAnd-Rover Recommend No deeper than 500mm with-out proper wading kit( Snorkel Axel Breather, ETC)

TD5's will wade alot more than 500mm. BUT the ecu is under your seat! 500mm for a standard lr is enough to get through. whats the fasination with getting wet anyway? most people don't like going through a puddle in there euro boxes and there alot more water tight than a land rover!

I've had mine in a deep ford up to the door handles, a bit scary as it started to float until the footwells filled up with water!

Raised air intake and breathers certainly helped here.

Check afterwards though that the seatbox (driver side) is not full of water, UCU may not like it!

It's also worth while keeping a check on the bearings around the front of the engine - belt tensioner, fan etc, I have had to replace a couple on mine after the grease washed out, the seals don't seem that good.