Photo request

Morning folks,

I am after some specific photos please of the connection between your rock / tree sliders and the tubular outrigger on your 90.

From what I can gather from others the box section size often used is shallower in depth than the distance from the vehicle bodywork to the bottom of the outrigger so I want to see how it all goes together before I make some for myself.

If you could quote the size of your box section that would help too.

Thanks in advance,

Bish.

Hi Bish

Is it worth fabricating your own. I bought some galvanised rock sliders from Paddocks 3 years ago.. http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/OFF_ROAD/P...Galvanised.html

and they've been fine since. £85+VAT

They are nice and wide, so they stop a lot of mud being splattered up side of the 90.

I would definitely recommend galvanising even if you do decide to make your own.

Cheers

Steve

Definately!

Especially after spending a whole two pounds on the tube for the tree sliders from the scrappy!! <_<:D

Besides - the rock sliders you linked to are + VAT and delivery so over £100 and no tree slidery bits either. :(

Morning folks,

I am after some specific photos please of the connection between your rock / tree sliders and the tubular outrigger on your 90.

From what I can gather from others the box section size often used is shallower in depth than the distance from the vehicle bodywork to the bottom of the outrigger so I want to see how it all goes together before I make some for myself.

If you could quote the size of your box section that would help too.

Thanks in advance,

Bish.

Hi Bish,

I can do this tonight when I get home if you still want it. I think my rock sliders are Sh*tpart IIRC. Is it just the rear mounting that you want then?

Mark.

Yes please - particularly interested in where the box section sits relative to the bottom edge of the out rigger and relative to the bodywork of the truck. - i.e. is there a gap between the top of the box and the underside of the sill?

don't forget the size of the box section too ;)

Yes please - particularly interested in where the box section sits relative to the bottom edge of the out rigger and relative to the bodywork of the truck. - i.e. is there a gap between the top of the box and the underside of the sill?

OK mate, got that. I'll do it tonight when I get home.

IIRC, on one side, (N/S) the slider is tight up against the bodywork, bearing in mind the outrigger has been replaced, and on the other side there's approximately a 1/4 inch gap.

I'll take some photo's, measure the box section and post them later.

Regards,

Mark.

OK Bish, here we go.

Firstly, the box section that the sliders are made from measures 100mm x 50mm. Distance from the end of the outrigger tube to the inside face of the slider is approx 75mm. Distance from the outside face of the chassis rail to the inside face of the slider is approx 408mm.

Distance from the top edge of the slider to the lower edge of the rear body is approx 8mm (not measured). The tube of the slider which fits inside the outrigger tube is approx 42mm O.D. x 36mm I.D.

Here is a photo of the side view.

Picture013.jpg

View from below and in front.

Picture014.jpg

View from underneath.

Picture015.jpg

Hope that gives you what you're looking for, if you need anything else please let me know and I'll do my best to get it for you.

HTH.

Mark

92.9 and Pete, thanks for the links. I had seen the drawing before but as it wasn't done using CAD (shreddies) it doesn't qualify for use I am afraid!

What has confused me is friends quoting their box section size as being 70 or 80mm deep which didn't make sense unless the slider sat a fair way below the bodywork, or the tube that slides inside the outrigger protrudes beneath the box which is obviously not ideal.

So, looks like 100 x 50 x 3 or 4 I suppose.

Thanks all!

• 3 weeks later...