I'm thinking of buying this roadlegal buggy.....

roguevogue

James, if I buy it can I bring it to one of your events? :ph34r:

I think we can all agree the worst thing about it is the engine. You go to all that trouble to remove the most important parts of the vehicle and yet not once did they think that leaving a 2.5TD in place was a bad idea!! Actually looking at the rest of the vehicle I expect it made perfect sense to them...

But at 92.5 wheelbase, it could have been a 90, but then where does the RR bit come from? Or is it just the V*N plate that's RR? :ph34r:

You think that colour and death trap potential is better than a 2.5TD? Points decision for me.

edit: think before you press add ...

I'm not sure anything on that could be measured to an accuracy of 0.5" :ph34r:

you're probably right (it's a bit unfair to blame the poor builders guide dog though - land rover seem to struggle with that sort of pinpoint accuracy :P )

It's most likely a Defender with all the bodywork removed, engine etc left in, and then that "roll cage" built around it. Hence the 2.5TD. Also makes it a ringer with the RR's identification, if there wasn't enough wrong with it already!

What I want to know is what MOT garage was stupid enough to give it a ceritficate.

It's most likely a Defender with all the bodywork removed, engine etc left in, and then that "roll cage" built around it. Hence the 2.5TD. Also makes it a ringer with the RR's identification, if there wasn't enough wrong with it already!

What I want to know is what MOT garage was stupid enough to give it a ceritficate.

one of those mot test stations that takes cheques through the post.

What I want to know is what MOT garage was stupid enough to give it a certificate.

From what I can see it has all the requirements for a MOT cert. Doesn't make it road legal though. Two completely different things!!!

i bought this buggy on sturday and drove it home from junction 28 on m1 as i joined the motorway it began to brake its self and get harder to drive i pulled on to the hard shoulder to find that the near side front brake was stuck on :( the gentleman came and gave me a hand to free it off then the police came and pulled up behind us :o his words were what the hell is that i replied a range rover i have just bought it he replied didnt you want the rest of it as he looked round it and checked the mot and i had insured it about an hour before he was happy to let me go on my way it made it home to junction 1 on the m18 i must have had 20 to 40 flies stuck to my face good job i was wearing goggles will upload some pics of it when i start making a few alteraitions to it.

post-11399-1250009971_thumb.jpg