SLRC Hogmore playday 11th Oct

jules

I'll be there.... as will others ....as a marshall

The entrants will have a 'Punch hunt challenge'

The marshalls will have a 'Punch ...oooh bugge / entrant stuck hunt challenge' then :lol: ?

Do marshalls have a score card on their 4x4s for "Poor bu**ers Recoveries Competition" ? :rofl:

Seriously ...will be a great event, ....

if your a member and have thought of "popping along"

this is a fab venue to dip yer toes :)

Nige

I'll be going - it will be my first time off road since the spring (not counting Russian camp sites...). Not much driving from me though - I'm due to be chauffeured so I can concentrate on hunting unsuspecting SLRC Members.

Edit: ...which usually means making sure I get the now traditional photo of Jules stuck before the event starts :ph34r:

I'll be there marshalling as usual. If its a punch hunt then there'll probably be plenty of people to have to winch out again then.......

Wonder if we'll have to rescue the land warden again....

Jon

I thought I recognised those names, Hello Jon and Nige, nearly finished all the structural work on my 90 so Horgmore will be a chance to get all the new bits dirty, with luck Lyndon will be back on his feet and we can drag him out as well.

Don't suppose you know of any dates coming up at Broxhead ? Not been there for years.

Cheers, Geoff.

Hiya Geoff, and welcome :D

Why thank ewe.

AWDC (www.awdc.co.uk) use Broxhead, as do the SLRC but Hogmorr and Slab win over it IMHO :)

My son was watching a video of our last trip to Broxhead on youtube yesterday, it was older then he was !

Given the choice I would always goto Slab but Broxhead would make a nice change.

Cheers, Geoff.

• 2 weeks later...

i think you are going to get your mud, its been raining for about 3 days now and is forecast to continue!!!

I am sure the marshals will take this into account when setting the punches and positioning their deck chairs for prime seats of others misfortune!!! all in good humour of course :-)

Well that was good fun :)

Thanks to all those who pulled/winched me out. Apparently the marshals said I would be the first to get stuck...and I was! In the 'lake'.

Anyone got any photos? Ie ones of my escape from the lake the second time (quite an achievement if I may say so myself), when Nige (I think) refused to throw me a rope :P

Another great day at Hogmoor. It was bone dry compared to last time back in February when the lake was the size of.....well a lake.

post-7712-12552880181_thumb.jpg

This time it was a much smaller muddy area and retroanaconda was the first to get stuck.

post-7712-12552881891_thumb.jpg

And it wasn't long until everyone wanted a piece of the action!

post-7712-125528822839_thumb.jpg

Rich and Nige both got stuck going through the middle and winched each other out.

post-7712-125528827403_thumb.jpgpost-7712-125528828369_thumb.jpgpost-7712-125528829306_thumb.jpg

Blue D-Lander

post-7712-125528826466_thumb.jpg

Me

post-7712-125528830278_thumb.jpgpost-7712-125528831389_thumb.jpg

And some others

post-7712-125528874564_thumb.jpgpost-7712-125528875591_thumb.jpgpost-7712-125528877401_thumb.jpg

Thank you to the Marshall for there assistance!

Please send your photos to the usual address:photos@shirelrc.com

See you all again soon.

Steve

Anyone got any photos? Ie ones of my escape from the lake the second time (quite an achievement if I may say so myself), when Nige (I think) refused to throw me a rope :P

I have one of your 1st "Stuck",

the 2nd when I suggested you get wet and not me (and you then did a 488 shunt back n forth till you got out :lol: )

...non I don't :)

post-22-125529529618_thumb.jpg

:)

Nige