Jaffa Cakes

bishbosh

I need to remove my front axle, strip it bare, cut off the diff pan, weld on a new one, rebuild the axle and refit to the 90.

I think I am going to struggle to do this in one weekend on my own blink.gif and it has to be back on the road on the Monday morning.

I am planning on doing it this weekend.

Anyone fancy weilding some spanners? Jaffa Cakes / Pizza / Beer etc available... :)

Thanks guys for the helpful (and not so helpful) offers. tongue.gif

To those that have offered, if you are available that would be great. smile.gif I don't want to chase you (oo - err) so if you do decide you can come then please drop me a PM and I will give you directions / take food orders etc biggrin.gif

Les - All the way from Swine-don? I know it's a hole, but I didn't realise you were that desperate to escape, particulalry with the M5 roadworks at the moment! Having said that, I can make coffee smile.gif

Not trying to screw your plans up, but have you thought more about getting your RRC axle underneath it? I know there were some complications (caliper bolt holes was it?) but would it make more sense to stick the reinforced diff pan to that (younger, and probably better nick), and then get everything else to fit -you could do this more at your leisure, and then just bolt it all in place...

I'm probably saying what you have already considered, but thought it worth a mention anyways :)

Wot RRC axle? I sold it!! :D

I have invested a fair bit in this axle alrady - swivel, seals, bearings etc and would also end up with weaker CV's with the RR axle.

I have drawn up a task list (I know, I'm sad!) and reckon it is at least 11 hours work excluding breaks / mistakes so in theory, doable on my own in the weekend. However, with a helper for the strip and rebuild that time comes down to 6.5 hours and I reckon that would improve as any task is easier when there are two pairs of hands!

Watching my PM inbox in anxious anticipation....... tongue.gif

OMG..... I bet the only reason you go to work is to plan stuff to do to the 90 :P

Task lists are for the people with a realistic attitude to just how long jobs on a LR will take ;)

Hadn't realised you sold the RRC axle, or that you'd spent so much on the 90 axle -though given the state of it, it was warranted...

Will be visiting my 'Messenger' in an hour or so ;)