AWDC Truck Of The Year.

roguevogue

On the website, I cannot see where to vote?

Chris

nope neither can i.

it says open from 1st Dec but maybe its not been updated yet, i dare say the guy who runs the site has a proper job to do too and just hasnt updated it yet.

then again i may just be blind

i see Dans truck is in there too.

RV4 seems to be the only one built from not alot of the original mind.

Am I right in thinking that RV4 is Suzuki based with Toyota axles and mostly Jap, and therefore leaves me thinking it would be rather unethical trying to amass votes on a non Landover based vehicle on a Landrover forum ???

No it is RangeRover based with everything but the steering box replaced. :P The engine/box are 'Zuk, the axles 'Yota, chassis, suspension and body hand-built. In many ways it fits well with the LR4x4 'design, fabricate and improve' ethos.

Chris

Am I right in thinking that RV4 is Suzuki based with Toyota axles and mostly Jap,

correct.

LR forum based or not he gets my vote, (when i work out how to do it) i think its well put together and it works well, as you have witnessed, and is a an excellent achievement and i feel has probably inspired a fair few on here with their own builds. plus it shows you can enter and win (class anyway)a major championship on a very small budget.

Well I think you should all vote for my mate Pete's 205 safari racer. It really is a work of art and packaging to get the thing to fit into the 205 shell. It was scratch-built on a home made space frame and every component was more or less engineered by Pete to fit (he has his own "blacksmiths shop"! It took him 18 months to get it ready for its first outing but he has had problems with the driveshafts (partly made from Land rover props!!!) which we think may now be fixed. In terms of a one off - not off-the-shelf build it will take some beating. And it goes like stink. Hate to think what it will be like when he sticks the Impreza Turbo motor in he has in his yard!

IMHO it is between RV4 and Pete's 205. I can't quite decide who to vote for. What might swing it for RV4 is it worked straight out of the box and has the results to prove it. The 205 has had a few problems as mentioned and I think (from memory so forgive me if I'm wrong) has had a few DNF's. However has showed promise and with reliability should put in some good results, especially with a bit more power.

It seems that the web site isn't quite ready to accept votes but i'm sure there's a team of crack programmers working on it. :huh:

If you take a Range Rover and replace the unreliable bits with reliable Japanese bits then you end up with something like mine. :lol::P:P

It still has a RR steering box and prop shafts. ;)

Got back from holiday last night and switched the voting on.

Can someone confirm that it is visible please?

HERE

Neil,

I logged in.

Ticked a truck to vote for.

Clicked vote.

Then my pop up blocker (just the normal firefox one). Blocked something. So i hit 'allow pop ups'

And now the screen saying "One moment please" is still on there.... i.e. a couple minutes so far.

Gordon

Edit : it's just worked.

Neil

I get an error message saying I have reached the forms submission votes or something similar.

If you get this message

ERROR - You have personally reached this forms submissions limit per user!

then it means you have already voted (or someone at your IP address has) :(

Neil,

I logged in.

Ticked a truck to vote for.

Clicked vote.

Then my pop up blocker (just the normal firefox one). Blocked something. So i hit 'allow pop ups'

And now the screen saying "One moment please" is still on there.... i.e. a couple minutes so far.

Gordon

Edit : it's just worked.

Mine did that so i clicked allow pop up and resubmitted and it went straight through.