"heavy duty" steering wheel for trialler

v8bobber

Hi all,

I competed in my recently rebuilt trialler at the weekend and all went well and in general I was very happy with the machine.

However, it soon became clear (second section) that the Mountney wheel was not fit for purpose and folded over an inch or two! Unfortunately once it had "gone" it flapped around pretty much for the rest of the day. I found that I was even having to straighten it out mid section by yanking on it between gates, not ideal.

I've had a (very) quick browse this afternoon on the internet and I know that Motalita are strong but are too expensive for my tastes really.

Bearing in mind that the trialler will only be used once a month and in pretty horrendous conditions can anyone suggest an alternative at a reasonable price? A standard landrover wheel will be out of the question due to the fact I can't stand them!

Regards,

Dave

Tonys right, ebay for a Momo one then buy the right Boss. Worth looking for 'subaru steering wheel' rather than 'Momo' as they sometimes slip under the radar as Scooby ones cheap

I had a nice old skool Momo one on my old Range Rover years ago, God knows what possessed me to sell the car with it on.

Will :)