Stolen Southdown towing bracket

Ryan

Good afternoon,

Sometime since 10th April, my Southdown towing bracket, along with the fixing pins, has been stolen off the back of my Defender sad.gif. It was definitely still attached during the afternoon at the 4x4 spares day at Newbury, but I have a feeling it was stolen in the last few days in Southampton. It had either a genuine LR or Dixon Bate ball and pin hitch fitted. If anyone has been offered one over the last 10 days in the Southampton area, please let me know.

Just waiting on Southdown to get back to me on a replacement price...yes I'm sitting down...

Ryan

Just waiting on Southdown to get back to me on a replacement price...yes I'm sitting down...

The *&*£ers might be back for your new one, so I'd consider taking a grinder/welder to the nuts, once you've the replacement fitted.

(Then I'd take the grinder to their nuts when they return)

The *&*£ers might be back for your new one, so I'd consider taking a grinder/welder to the nuts, once you've the replacement fitted.

(Then I'd take the grinder to their nuts when they return)

I think you'll find he is talking about the towing attachment that goes onto the tank guard, held on by two pins, I keep mine in the back unless actually towing.

Guest noggy

I think you'll find he is talking about the towing attachment that goes onto the tank guard, held on by two pins, I keep mine in the back unless actually towing.

I also keep mine in the back unless towing!

Ryski mate... That sucks! :angry:

I left my removable tow thingy in Ringwood a couple of months ago so borrowed the one off Richards Camel... Same vehicle, same tank guard, same towing bracket thingy... But there was no way the little blighter was going to fit. May be worth checking the brackets aren't paired to the tank guards... or come round and check to see if mine fits yours

It's looking at being about £120 worth of replacement sad.gif. Just waiting for Southdown to call me back so I can order one. Dan, thanks for the heads-up, I'll check that with them when they call me back.

It's looking at being about £120 worth of replacement sad.gif. Just waiting for Southdown to call me back so I can order one. Dan, thanks for the heads-up, I'll check that with them when they call me back.

Even Dixon Bate stuff isn't cheap. I had a adjusting slider and pin/ball combo hitch removed from my truck while parked at work one day. I had always left it attached for many years without trouble. The removable bit now lives inside.

Remember you need to keep such a heavy lump somewhere it can't 'get' you in the event of a prang. Fortunately I have a robust storage locker in the back.