New Range Rover Unveiled!

Lando

There's going to be a live unveiling of the new Rangie tonight! I read about it at Land Rover Our Planet and there's links through to the big reveal. It' based on the LRX Concept, which we've talked about before and I can't wait to get a look and find out what they're actually calling it. Check it out and let 's hear what you think!

Available to view at a school car park soon!

I don't wish to put a dampner on proceedings, but isn't one of the attractions of a Land Rover/Range Rover is their supernb 4 wheel drive ability?

I will be checking the vidoe section for the revised safari video, not with BMW X5s but with 2WD Range Rovers!

Oh for gawds sake :lol:

I love the fact they always have "Tasmins" etc who they say have a pedigree of everything to make whatever they say

about the new car "The Bizz", but then again they aren't going to have anyone speak their mind and say it looks

like its been run over / a similar shape to the ***d my doggie squeezed out this morning etc.

But to have Posh Spice (and if that is Posh then I need councelling :lol:) as an attraction gawd help us.

Then again, have a weird bodied Bimbo promote pouting around an equally weird new Bodied LR seem fair in some ways :lol:

Frankly I think it look "Yuppieish", and on top of that I would not spend my money on this sort of thing

purely from a relaiblity point a view A friend has finally got his money back on his RR TDV6 which as a heap after

much litigation and has bought a New BMW M5 - which has the same warranty as a LR, but not the need to call on it

I love my LRs, but this is a Yuppie Yummy Mummy Shed

:)

Nige

PS don't like it :rofl:

I've noticed they regularly refer to the Range Rover lineup as Range Rover as you do with Land Rover. It sounds like they're looking to split the two from each other, particularly with this new little one that's the size of a Freelander?

But the fact that Victoria Beckham is involved says it all as to its target audience.

A friend has finally got his money back on his RR TDV6 which as a heap

Didn't know the Range Rover came with a TDV6, but I'm guessing you mean a Sport. Which is not the same. ;)

I have to say I like the look of the new one. Not sure about the name or making a 2wd version available though. Sure it will sell well with people who want a non-off road but off road style car or a 'baby' range rover that trades on it's bigger brother's name to a degree.

If it was full range rover sized with 5 actual doors and a proper split tailgate, I would want it! But otherwise....

I think they took a full sized Land/Range Rover, and parked it on top to squidge it! :P

The moment I followed this link somewhere else I started to get worried:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/7867037/Victoria-Beckham-appointed-creative-design-executive-at-Range-Rover.html

Range Rover as a brand seems to be (or maybe it did when the sport came out?) heading in a new direction, capturing new buyers who want different things to Land Rover owners.

I can't think of many things worse than buying a car fronted by Mrs Beckham. I mean, what kind of message does that send out? :lol:

If I think of it as a car, for road use.. I like the shape and concept and no doubt it will sell as a car.....

I cannot think of it seriously as an off-road vehicle. That said, are RR Sports any good off-road ? How many people actually use their brand spanking new Range Rovers off road ?

Neil

(Hat, coat...)

Even though i don't like it, i can see why they've made it, i mean lets be honest, how many Range Rover drivers go anwhere off road? and therefore need 4WD? hardly any.

having a 2WD makes more sense for the masses and give Land Rover a much needed 'green' vehicle.

i'm no fan of the newer vehicle, but i am a fan of keeping Land Rover going as a company, and if it needs models like this to survive then so be it.

If I think of it as a car, for road use.. I like the shape and concept and no doubt it will sell as a car.....

I cannot think of it seriously as an off-road vehicle. That said, are RR Sports any good off-road ? How many people actually use their brand spanking new Range Rovers off road ?

Neil

(Hat, coat...)

Well I know of one...

:D