LRO show Peterborough September 11th and 12th 2010

English

Hi All,

Got the LRO show coming up soon on SEPTEMBER 11th and 12th 2010. I was wondering if anyone is attending? I hear the great 'Sodbury sortout' is going to be there again this year on Sunday 12th as well as the usual massive autojumble where hopefully I can again find some goodies for my Defender 110, off road course, trade stands and clubs etc. Just fitted a snorkel on mine courtesy of Paddock spares, you should have seen the Wifeys face when after asking what I'd like for my Birthday recently, the answer bounced back, quick as a flash "a snorkel please" (I think for a moment she thought I was going to take up a bit of Jaques Cousteu!).

Anyway, as I said, I was wodering if any of you cool like-minded folks are gonna take a trip there this year? If so, have a great day or two and who knows, if you see a guy with a red Landrover baseball cap on, it may even be me, so say hello.

Live it, love it, drive it....

Kev English

Go online, lro.com or get yaself this months LRO magazine, there's lots of details about the show in it.

I've been to two now and wouldn't miss it. I live in Peterborough so don't camp overnight. The sodbury sortout is on Sundays so I go then to see if I can get any bits a bit cheaper, also there's a huge autojumble both days.

I may well go if i get the issues with my disco sorted before then, is it pre-booking or turn up on the day, any other details as I'm new to all this :)

I may go IF it's better organised than Billing.

No way am I wandering around for over an hour with no map given on entry until I randomly come across the LRO stand again, for a free map. Made it feel too much like a money maker as the show didn't care about the punters, just the income.

Otherwise I'll go to Abingdon which has a nice charity/friendly feel and the London 2 Brighton run. Although I hear they are both on the same weekend now... :(

Hiya Andy,

I just typed in LRO 2010 Sodbury sortout and it says the Sodbury sortout has confirmed that it will be held at the LRO show in Peterborough on Sunday 12th September.

Regards,

English (Kev)

hi all

i will be there

camping is avalible on the day so is entry tickets but there is no sodbury sourt out on the sunday but there are 52 autojumble stands onsite all weekend

all other info on the LROSHOW website

regards

Andy

Hiya Andy,

I just typed in LRO 2010 Sodbury sortout and it says the Sodbury sortout has confirmed that it will be held at the LRO show in Peterborough on Sunday 12th September.

Regards,

English (Kev)

I wouldn't get too excited if the last two years are anything to go by :angry:

The 'Sodbury Sortout' on Sunday morning has been a very damp squib and nowhere near as big as the sortouts of old at Newbury.

The Newbury 4x4 & Vintage Spares Day that has stepped into the gap left by the Old Sod, is getting pretty good and is well worth a visit.

The next one is on Sunday 3rd October, details here -

http://www.newbury4x4andvintagesparesday.co.uk/

Hi all, just received my tickets in the post this morning. I'll be setting off Friday at 10:00am.Travelling M62 and then A1. Towing caravan with Maximus so won't be doing the off road course just in case anything breaks. If anyone sees us CB will be on for a chat.I'm looking for some bargain bits but if the LRO show at Driffield is anything to go on i'll not be getting any, everything seemed so expensive. Just being part of it all is good enough reason for the 160 mile trip.Weather forecast is not too good though!!

See you all there

Max