ebay item what do you think???

Russell_ds80

Hi Russell,

To expand on HFH's reply a little, this vehicle has been made up of parts from many different vehicles, so you'd have fun trying to work out which bit is from where.

On top of that, it very well may not be strictly legal due to the parts used, and could leave you with a plethora of legal hoops to jump through.

In addition - who made this hybrid? Would you trust someone who can't work a caps lock key to weld structural bits of a chassis together?

So my vote would be no, not with a barge pole.

There are few bargains to be had on eBay - I've found Autotrader and LR mags a better place to look in the past.

Hi Russell,

To expand on HFH's reply a little, this vehicle has been made up of parts from many different vehicles, so you'd have fun trying to work out which bit is from where.

On top of that, it very well may not be strictly legal due to the parts used, and could leave you with a plethora of legal hoops to jump through.

In addition - who made this hybrid? Would you trust someone who can't work a caps lock key to weld structural bits of a chassis together?

So my vote would be no, not with a barge pole.

There are few bargains to be had on eBay - I've found Autotrader and LR mags a better place to look in the past.

Aye, agree with the above, unless you are very sure about work that needs doing for MOT (and I mean VERY VERY sure), definatly get one with an MOT or expect it to cost billions to get it back on the road (one way or another) - Yorkshire way there are heeps of bargins to be had, I'd be very hesitant to buy off fleebay - unless you go have a look at it first, well all vehicles you should go look at first...

The registration belongs to a 'Rover, 3528CC' so I think probably a Range Rover.

Considering that's all (bar the bulkhead) 90 bodywork and therefore the chassis is not 100", I wouldn't go near it.

Basically a 90 with a Series II bulkhead, running around with the registration (and possibly running gear) of a 1982 Range Rover.

if it is a 1982 RR chassis & the reg actually belongs to the chassis number & looks like it has been built long before the SVA came into existence, it may well be legal but at you could find a decent genuine 90 that hasn't had it's true identity messed with.

Just done a DVLA vehicle enquiry & got this

The enquiry is complete

The vehicle details for TBL 989Y are:

Date of Liability 01 10 2002

Date of First Registration 01 11 1982

Year of Manufacture 1982

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 3528CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour WHITE

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £112.75

12 Months Rate £205.00

it doesn't give any result if entered as a Land Rover, but the above result is shown if entered as a Rover [so suspect it was a auto trans Range Rover in a previous life]

Hmmm, lets see, a vehicle that looks like a defender -but is on an old Y plate, with a series bulkhead, and registered as a Range Rover.

i think considering how many landys get nicked each week never to be seen again, i'd avoid it like the plague.

even if it's all kosher and all the bits it's made from are traceable, good luck explaining what it is to the police if you get a roadside check, which they seem to be doing a lot of up in yorkshire...

Keep an eye open in the for sale section of this forum. They pop up from time to time and everything on here seems to be value for money.

Indeed I have seen several solid trucks that if I wasn't an emppoverished student I would certainly consider very strongly. Also just reading that it states

"forgot to mention its only been resprayed about 3 week"

I'm assuming this sentance should finish by saying weeks ago in which case I would be very interested to see if it was in any way a relation to Elma before it was sprayed :lol:

Cheers

Ryck