MOD Replacing Snatch Landrover

need4speed

It is a ground up design, and although Force Protection are a US owned company, it is being built here, with a significantly British supply base.

The Supacat SPV400 is a completely different vehicle and was the other down-selected design competing for the contract (and although superficially similar to other Supacats, was a new design).

whatever it is, at £500k EACH it had better do the bloody job!

Mastiff's are £1m each by the time NP Aerospace have finished with them - however, me and a whole load of my lads are still on this planet because of them, having been blown up on more than 1 occassion last year. This is the area where the MOD should be spending MORE money instead of on aircraft carriers, nuclear subs and anything to do with the RAF.

<Rant over> :rolleyes:

Ross

Mastiff's are £1m each by the time NP Aerospace have finished with them - however, me and a whole load of my lads are still on this planet because of them, having been blown up on more than 1 occassion last year. This is the area where the MOD should be spending MORE money instead of on aircraft carriers, nuclear subs and anything to do with the RAF.

<Rant over> :rolleyes:

Ross

Amen :D

sorry - dont get me wrong, my post may have looked like i was bemoaning the cost. Far from it, what i meant was at that price it better not be another bloody great white elephant of MOD procurement like all the chinooks and refueling tankers etc.

it would be the sort of thing our MOD would do, spunk loads of cash on these things and then say they need another £100m as they cant be used in theatre for another 2 years due to some 'doo-flip' gadget not being compatible with the 'doo-dar' gadget. :ph34r: