Parabolic springs

TheRecklessEngineer

I'm in the market for some parabolics.

Paddocks are the obvious first place to look, although I saw on here somewhere that someone found they lifted their truck by a few inches. I'm not keen for that - I'd like it to ride standard. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the case?

Does anyone know of any other web based supplier? I've found precious few.

Rocky Mountain on mine, seemed perfectly good. Did lift the truck a fair bit, but has settled somewhat now. Still higher than standard though, I think that is just a factor of parabolic springs.

As far as I can tell, the RM ones are sort of middle of the range. Paddocks/Britpart ones come in the bottom and the Heystee setup at the top. Or that's what I surmised from my research earlier in the year.

Thanks all for the input.

Heystee look excellent, but £850! :blink:

From the research I've done, Paddock no longer sell Britpart parabolics - because they kept having too many returns! They do explicitly state that they are british made on the site. In IT Crowd fashion, that probably means they'll catch fire and melt.

I've heard some horror stories about RM, although I have no idea if there is any truth in them. I think I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

I'm in the market for some parabolics.

Paddocks are the obvious first place to look, although I saw on here somewhere that someone found they lifted their truck by a few inches. I'm not keen for that - I'd like it to ride standard. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is the case?

Does anyone know of any other web based supplier? I've found precious few.

You could try Jones Springs, Darlaston, long established makers of leaf springs.

see www.jones-springs.co.uk

My experience with TIC (now heystee) is my set have been on the truck for ~8 years and god knows how many miles of abuse and are still the right shape.

Mine have done twelve or more years now and close to 120,000 miles, and apart from suffering an early batch problem of a damaged spring eye because of a slightly oversized bush fitment during production (replaced under warranty several years after purchase), mine have been absolutely trouble free. They still have their original camber, despite a couple of heavy trips around the continent and a lot of heavy permanent accessories. You get what you pay for, and Heystee are very, very good.

Hi

I say TIC and I have done it before; TIC it is there is no substitute for that quality and service have had several sets on different cars, they do not sag, they do as a para spring are suppese to do and they last for ever...

The ones we have on The Kitten has taken a lot off abbuse and are still fine.

Thats my words

Kind regards

Ole.

Well, I'm probably going to get flamed for this: I bought Paddocks.

A mate recently bought some and is very happy. He tells me that when set up correctly, the ride height is correct and they have yet to sag (~6 months, heavy loads and a working vehicle). I also found a few other reviews on the web from people who've bought them - more good stories than bad ones.

If they turn out to be rubbish then I'll return them.

Well, I'm probably going to get flamed for this: I bought Paddocks.

A mate recently bought some and is very happy. He tells me that when set up correctly, the ride height is correct and they have yet to sag (~6 months, heavy loads and a working vehicle). I also found a few other reviews on the web from people who've bought them - more good stories than bad ones.

If they turn out to be rubbish then I'll return them.

No-one should flame you - you have to buy on your own plans of vehicle use and budget. If Paddocks have changed supplier, the new springs may be fine - we won't know until people like you are brave enough to try them out and report back a couple of years down the road. If they're as good as TIC but half the price, then you'll have done very well for your self. If they sag quickly, then you may be able to get your money back as they are unfit for purpose, but that will be a bit of a faff.

Either way, good luck!

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd put in an update.

Immediately after fitting, my 88" sat far too high, however, a little use and everything has settled to a little over stock height.

There were no issues in fitting - everything supplied in the pack fitted first time with no fettling. The ride is much improved over the very rusted up original ones.

So a thumbs up for Paddocks parabolics...so far. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a set of rears about 3 years ago to replace 10 year old CPC pair which where still good but I snapped one snagging it on a big boulder.

Anyway, the Paddocks where knackered within months! Really sagged and miss-shapen.

I reckon it's just luck of the draw with them.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a set of rears about 3 years ago to replace 10 year old CPC pair which where still good but I snapped one snagging it on a big boulder.

Anyway, the Paddocks where knackered within months! Really sagged and miss-shapen.

I reckon it's just luck of the draw with them.

ealcel

Hi i Just try to buy some Parabolic springs from Paddocks .

they have stopped selling them at the moment there is a quietly problem and suggested i try some other supplier has any one fitted bearmark springs.

My only experience of paras is those supplied by Bearmach. I fitted then to my old 109" and they did lift it a bit. I used the vehicle regularly off road with no problems at all and regularly carried a lot of weight (2 x 2.25D engines and a crane, for example). They came with blue polys, which barely lasted a year, but the springs were fine.

Les.

Mine are still going strong - recently carried 2x3.5 v8 engine blocks, an axle and various other bits to the scrappy. Total was about 400kgs.

Then carried a bride and groom away from a church.

And last weekend carried a Lister CS 6/1, a base for it made from RSJs and an engine crane (total must have been 750kgs ish).

No faults yet!