NEW X-ENG LIGHTS

Just got some lights from Si,not wired them up as yet,but if looks are anything to go by they will be the "dogs bo**ocks".Nice,simple design another winner i think from Simon. :)

suzukix-englights005.jpg

suzukix-englights004.jpg

I will be stocking these and the rest of Simons gear as from next week!!!!!!!!! A perfect accompliment to go with my cages i think. ;)

Chris

Yeah I saw them on Si's site. They are a cool design and so simple too! :) I like the idea of using standard bulbs and the easy way to change them in situ.

These ones will actually get me to buy some auxillary lights for the first time when I put the front cage on. Never been a fan of A bars and having big lights up top is a no-no for laning.

Steve

What nice looking lights! ;)

Cheers Chris!

I've got a pending European Design Registration on these - so if something too similar comes along (regardless of colour), I can go after them with slightly sharper teeth!

Si

Are they waterproof Si? I see it says they are sealed.

I have been looking for something waterproof to go on the front of mine... might be the answer. The Ring ones I have don't much like doing a submarine impression in the quarry, and they seem to fill up quite quickly at the jet wash too :(

They just use the low voltage halogen bulbs - which are pretty much sealed beam (glass fronted). The nice thing is that even if a bulb did leak, break or just die - a replacement is only a quid or so away at your local hardware store!

Si

They just use the low voltage halogen bulbs - which are pretty much sealed beam (glass fronted). The nice thing is that even if a bulb did leak, break or just die - a replacement is only a quid or so away at your local hardware store!

Prob not at my local hardware store, but I can keep some spares ;)

Have to think about mountings though... no roll cage and no intention of fitting one.

I want some of those sexy bling radiator plugs of yours too :)

Prob not at my local hardware store, but I can keep some spares ;)

Have to think about mountings though... no roll cage and no intention of fitting one.

I want some of those sexy bling radiator plugs of yours too :)

Those lights work really well, I made myself some lights for mountainbiking at night using a couple of those.

i can vouch for those sealed beam light units, they are excellent, i had one as an interior light in my old defender, but i removed it after a while as it was a bit too bright....

IKEA is a good place to buy replacement bulbs...

good luck with them Si, i can see them being a big hit on the challenge circuit.......

Thanks all.

If there is sufficient demand, I might consider different colour options. These are anodised clear (silver) as I figured that was the most universal - and everyone has black coloured lights.

There are definatly some nice colours available becides red, blue & black - but I'm not convinced the sales will warant the cost of a small run.

Si

Chris,

I was going to tell everybody how good the floods are at illuminating the hedgerows, I was going to tell them how ever-so simple they are to fit, I was going to say that the bonnet is only illuminated at the front edge and doesn't dazzle you whilst driving and you beat me to it!

However, I have actually connected the cables to a power source and my lights work in the dark.

Are they waterproof Si? I see it says they are sealed.

I have been looking for something waterproof to go on the front of mine... might be the answer. The Ring ones I have don't much like doing a submarine impression in the quarry, and they seem to fill up quite quickly at the jet wash too :(

Unbelievably, these are only about £1.00 more expensive to send to the Falklands (£5.00) than to the UK - by Royal Mail Surface Small Packet post (900g)! Dare say it's a lot slower though.

Si

Unbelievably, these are only about £1.00 more expensive to send to the Falklands (£5.00) than to the UK - by Royal Mail Surface Small Packet post (900g)! Dare say it's a lot slower though.

Si

Ah but I will be within about 30 miles of you by Sunday so they won't need to be sent that far ;)

X-Terminate X-Terminate :hysterical: X-Terminate X-Terminate Kill the doctor X-Terminate

Just ignore me having a partlicularly bad day :(

Don't ask :(:(:(

Nige

Hey Nige a comment like that could make a doc quite sensitive!

Sarah R

:huh: