Erm, identify if I have cocked up please !

Piccie below, I think the unit is from a 90 / defender, as it nicely fits on the Passenger front of the inner wing, and

I know its a washer bottle - or is it.

The "Pump" looks quite "Meaty" for a washer pump, so, have I ccked up - is this actually for pressure washing headlamps, ??

I was all chuffed and pleased when I found this, as the existing washer tank is not going to fit with the engine conversion - and

I thought "Sorted" when I found this in the shed - or have a screwed up :blink: ?

post-22-0-54907700-1310374169_thumb.jpg

Nige

But is it a HP Pump for certain ?

I have the tube on wipers conversion, which work really really well, I just need to move / relaocte the old bottle mit pump

which is a pig awkward shape, so rummaged in shed and found this, if its a ord washer bottle and pump I'll be happy enough

if its not then I have to think what to do, waste time modding this further or bin and try plan C (whatever that is) as I

wnat to get this £$%^&*(Engine running :)

???

:)

Nige

It looks very like the high pressure pump, but plumb it in, if you have the wiper-tubing conversion then you don't have the massive restriction that normal jets have and thus should work fine.

If you have the Peugot style wipers then a few minutes with a Dremel opening up the holes would be a good thing to do,just to increase the flow, but I don't see any issues really.

Do you need working wipers to get the engine running? :ph34r:

Hook it up, press the button and see how it works :)

Thinking about it (i can check later on the lse), there is only 1 washer tank for the windscreen & lights. These have 2 pumps on. So if yours only has 1 pump, then i'll be screen.

{Or is this only the p38 and not RRC?}

G

Zim has a point - my Disco had one washer bottle and two pumps - one LP and one HP.

So if that bottle only has one pump...id say it's a fair bet that it's an LP pump.

Again, as others have mentioned, you need a restriction to generate the high pressure. If you haven't got a nozzle on the end, then even if it is an HP pump, it isn't going to generate much pressure at all.

It's not a defender bottle but looks like it'll do the job :)

Alternatively buy a TD5 defender under wing bottle, they come with a HP and an lp pump as standard. Replace the lp pump with a HP pump then have a pump for each wiper. That'll clear your screen :)

HTH

Mo

Piccie below, I think the unit is from a 90 / defender, as it nicely fits on the Passenger front of the inner wing, and

I know its a washer bottle - or is it.

The "Pump" looks quite "Meaty" for a washer pump, so, have I ccked up - is this actually for pressure washing headlamps, ??

I was all chuffed and pleased when I found this, as the existing washer tank is not going to fit with the engine conversion - and

I thought "Sorted" when I found this in the shed - or have a screwed up :blink: ?

post-22-0-54907700-1310374169_thumb.jpg

Nige

Looks like its PRC3300 washer bottle with an ADU6409L headlamp washer pump, so high pressure then. See http://lrcat.com/31/4/52891

1839.gif