My Birthday Celebrations...

landroversforever

I'm 21 in November and I want to celebrate it with something car or Land Rover based.

I quite like the look of the Gold Factory tour, but I was wondering if there is anywhere that does experience type things in a Wildcat?

A couple of friends of mine have some supercar experiences... but I'd rather do something LR related!

Or, does anyone have any other ideas to suggest?

Thanks in advance :)

shooting is less than 60 quid for a couple of hours - you get a Glock and pump action shotgun as well :wub:

Dear god thats expensive, 10 single shots with a AK (might as well shoot a uk legal straight pull one if you don't get the full auto experience) would cost £5.47, 15 rounds out of the Glock (thats not even a full mag!) would cost you £3.98 and 5 rounds of 12bore even if it was buckshot would only cost £3.50, Much better to do Las Vegas and visit Bubbas Gun Shack or the Gun Store if you want to shoot something interesting. There are places in Europe where you can go and shoot some interesting firearms, some not too far off our shores at all!

Extreme Off Road in Somerset have a Bowler Wildcat and do experiences in it but only passenger experiences. There was an artical in one of the Mags recently about another company doing linked in with Land Rover doing stuff with Bowlers, will try and find the details for you.

Brookers

post-4857-0-37333600-1315392278_thumb.jpg

I'm 21 in November and I want to celebrate it with something car or Land Rover based.

I quite like the look of the Gold Factory tour, but I was wondering if there is anywhere that does experience type things in a Wildcat?

A couple of friends of mine have some supercar experiences... but I'd rather do something LR related!

Or, does anyone have any other ideas to suggest?

Thanks in advance :)

Well, from personal experience I can say that the gold factory tour was great fun and something that I had to do do before the proper Defender is dropped. The staff were really great and the off road driving excellent (just wish I could have driven it in my own 110). Lunch was excellent too!

Downside?

'kin expensive!!!

Current Land Rovers do it all for you - it most cases it was "engage this or that control" and "take your foot off the pedals!" The wading in the Defender was by far the best bit!!

Whatever you do have a great birthday!!!

Well, from personal experience I can say that the gold factory tour was great fun and something that I had to do do before the proper Defender is dropped. The staff were really great and the off road driving excellent (just wish I could have driven it in my own 110). Lunch was excellent too!

Downside?

'kin expensive!!!

Current Land Rovers do it all for you - it most cases it was "engage this or that control" and "take your foot off the pedals!" The wading in the Defender was by far the best bit!!

Whatever you do have a great birthday!!!

That first bit is exactly what I'm thinking, I want to see the Defender production before it changes forever. Would be kicking myself if I had never been. (annoying that my grandfather doesn't still work for LR!). What do you get to drive? :)

That first bit is exactly what I'm thinking, I want to see the Defender production before it changes forever. Would be kicking myself if I had never been. (annoying that my grandfather doesn't still work for LR!). What do you get to drive? :)

We drove a 110 Defender (Puma obviously) and then a Discovery 4.

I was quite lucky in that there were only 3 of doing the full monty Gold tour. As a result we all got to to a good bit of driving. I don't think it taught me anything new, although I have never driven a 50% slope before or since!

Some of the side slopes were mad!!!

Good fun, but you may find your electric bill or mortgage/rent takes priority!!!! :rolleyes:

Cheap flight to Krakow, book a couple of hours on a range shooting AK47's, all day drinking session then sticking your key in the door of a hot blonde? ;)

Drive your Land Rover to the airport.

The man has a point; Krakow or somewhere like Budapest are awesome. Lots of gorgeous ladies and cheap beer, as well as great culture (I should know my beloved is Hungarian, and a previous g/f was Polish...). Should make for an awesome 21st. If you want to do something driving-based, do it on a separate weekend, that avoids any possibility of alcohol causing you not to be at your best.

That said, for my 21st I was in an empty student house for the summer which I was decorating in lieu of rent - had a few parties!! Don't remember too much but it was a good summer nonetheless.