Does your house move?

Frax

I ordered some parts which were sent DHL now named Yodel, they were sent out on Monday and got to my local depot on Tuesday and was out for delivery, great you may think but it never arrived.

Web tracking said UNABLE TO LOCATE, found this strange as they have been here before and unlike the USA I had not loaded the house on a truck and moved it.

Wednesday – out for delivery again and that night UNABLE TO LOCATE.

Thursday – it must have been travel sick so stayed at depot.

Friday - Possible delay, incomplete address.

Possible delay – by they are switched on.

No wonder things take ages to get done.

I did try to phone them but after 3 attempts for about 20min and then the line dies I gave up.

Now got the parts from another supplier so if he ever turn up he will be told just to return it.

Frax :angry2:

No checked with him - he also told me that he sent another parcel to a shop, the owner was away for two weeks on holiday and on his return no parcel. His son was running the shop while he was away.

He contacted the supplier and the supplier contacted Yodel to be told that they were waiting instruction, he asked who from to be told him but no one had made contact. The supplier then went onto google maps and found that the shop was less than a mile from the depot on a straight road with two mini roundabouts.

A friend had a parcel from Amazon delivered by Yodel to work in central London, it never arrived as they had employed a muppet who was doing 2 jobs as he tried to deliver 5 times to a business address at 7pm and night and wondered why nobody was there to accept the delivery. This was on there super saver delivery type, usually you pay lots extra for evening deliveries.

Guest wunntenn

Slightly off topic but not by much..... I contacted a dealer about a 110 exhaust (£72 + vat), with an advertised £9.95 "delivery anywhere on the UK mainland".

Phoned to place the order and when I gave my (mainland) postcode I was told sorry there's a surcharge for delivery to that Scottish area which will be £55 + vat. Gasp!

I'm in a place with air, rail and excellent road links, but I might as well be in the Empty Quarter! Ridiculous.

Another quote to deliver a power steering box was actually more than the box cost! Reason - "because you're offshore sir". A couple of milles from Inverness? Offshore, do you know where Inverness is? "No but doesn't matter sir, sorry sir computer says offshore".

I ordered some parts which were sent DHL now named Yodel,

Not quite. Just to confuse the customer, DHL still exists.

In 2010 it sold its UK home delivery service to the Home Delivery Network, who then re-branded themselves as Yodel.

You can still send items via DHL Express (a sameday courier service) or by one of the other DHL carrier businesses.

Tazz

Parcel Farce are even worse. They once "lost" a full length 110 roof rack (and no it wasn't flat packed) when I gave them grief their argument was "well we picked it up, but no one has a clue what happened to it after that", still it only took 3 months to sort out.....

I had trouble with Yodel.

A parcel never arrived - but their online tracking said it had. I think the driver marked it as delivered but had finished the day early planning to do it the next day. Made a difficult situation with me and the sender - him thinking I'd got it when I hadn't.

The next day he delivered it - but to someone I don't know halfway down the street who was moving out of their house - my immediate neighbours were in but he didn't try them. Neither did he put a card through for me. Took a while to sort out.

I tried to ring them a number of times despite it being a very expensive number to call. I used their contact me feature on their website a number of times but never heard back.

Overall a totally ****e service. I'd never use them.

I have a lot of trouble with Home Delivery Network and now Yodel, the most recent being last week.

Pick ups are the worst as 40% of the time I have used them they fail to arrive and I have had to re-arrange it for the next day. Delivery can be up until 7PM at night which can be conveniant in some ways but a pain if you have waited in all day and then have to put aside your early evening as well.

Funnily enough I noticed an ad' in the local rag for Yodel, they're asking for "self employed couriers". I thought at the time it would likely attract the sort normally found driving minicabs or washing cars in the supermarket car park. " Local knowledge" not being their strong point, if you get my drift.

Not quite. Just to confuse the customer, DHL still exists.

In 2010 it sold its UK home delivery service to the Home Delivery Network, who then re-branded themselves as Yodel.

You can still send items via DHL Express (a sameday courier service) or by one of the other DHL carrier businesses.

Tazz

Now I'm worried. I'm expecting a delivery from Amazon today. Their website says delivery by Home Delivery Network!!

DHL have me down as some sort of evil international terrorist for my repeated attempts to post such sinister items as bearings to America, the current package made it all the way to Alberta, sat for 3 weeks before suddenly being noticed, given the spanish inquistion (7 PDF forms to fill in including a whole page on what type of bearing it is) and then being sent back to me for having incomplete documentation... arriving back home with all the complete documentation still in the envelope stuck to the side of the package, unopened.

Meanwhile the tracking data varied from "lost at sea" to "will be delivered shortly" to "the dog ate our homework" to "the men in black are on their way".

Mind you, ParcelFarce once managed to misplace a V8 engine on a pallet for 24 hours.