The New Range Rover 4

Driving along the M40/M42 today and the journey was broken up by a glimpse of the new RR4, First impression is it's BIG!! this is coming from the view of a FL2 driver (which is bigger than my 110) but it looks well styled with a lot of ground clearance, clearly they were hiding bits and there were some strange shapes on it but it looks like it is all LED lighting (similar to the Audi). If this is a taste of things to come the new defender will be the size of a London bus!! I also doubt that replacing the RR3 will be as heated as replacing the Defender!!

Jason.

post-15513-0-68089800-1318011460_thumb.jpg

post-15513-0-47527000-1318011468_thumb.jpg

So do land rover (and other car manufacturers) have to have any prototypes SVA/IVA'd? Or are they sneaked out as current models?

DVLA/VOSA & manufacturers still have to ensure any prototype is legal & safe to use on UK roads, type approval comes when production vehicles start, some vehicles the Defender 147 station wagons that LR built [on SA chassis] are not type approved 7 are not allowed to drive on UK roads, if LR take them to other events they must be transported -- because the 147 is not a EU/UK spec model it cannot be type approved or UK registered.

Euggghh, it is new and different and I cannot afford one so I hate it. So there. Landrover should just keep building the old model that we know and understand. They have really lost their way with this. I hope they keep building the old model in Bangalore for us Luddites. ...with leaf springs.

Chris

:-p

insiders claim it will be the most radical and technically advanced car in the brand’s history

God save us :rolleyes:

Translation: everything will go wrong (again) and you should absolutely not buy one for the first two years.

I see they've gone back to riveted aluminium so at least they are getting something right, wonder how long before there is a cherry picker version :ph34r: