Alton area this weekend?

SPendrey

Hello,

A small group of us (usually 3 vehicles) who regularly meet and lane around the Wiltshire countryside are planning on visiting the Alton/Bordon area this Sunday (8th Jan). Would any of you either recommend any local lanes (by PM please, don't want to attract too much unwanted attention), or better still would anyone want to join us that day and 'show us around'?

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott, typical ain't it! I was there on the 30th doing those lanes, some fantastic ones there still unspoilt. Sorry but I don't know my way round there at all (my 1st time there).

Was one lane blocked by a very large fallen tree, where we met a group of 8/9 Trail Riders and they wouldnt wait for us to back up and tore across someones garden/paddock instead pulling wheelies as they went (bast**ds!) all seen by locals. Guess wel all get the blame for that!

Hi Scott, typical ain't it! I was there on the 30th doing those lanes, some fantastic ones there still unspoilt. Sorry but I don't know my way round there at all (my 1st time there).

Was one lane blocked by a very large fallen tree, where we met a group of 8/9 Trail Riders and they wouldnt wait for us to back up and tore across someones garden/paddock instead pulling wheelies as they went (bast**ds!) all seen by locals. Guess wel all get the blame for that!

You weren't in the group we met were you? Group was led by a Range Rover, then a Disco I think and then a couple of others. We were the group of Defenders, we backed onto a field to let them past?

So yes, I was there on the 30th too. I can tell you that a lot of the ones down towards Petersfield are TROd. There is a list of active TROs on the Hants CC website, it just takes a bit of time with an OS map to mark them all. There's still plenty to find out there, we spent a whole morning in the area to the West of Alton. All marked on the OS map of course. That was my first time over there too, so I can't offer much more help than that though I'm afraid.

I was with Retro et al too, riding with Retroanaconda, and pretending to navigate.

Here's the list of current TROs for you: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/row/making-changes/traffic-regulation-orders.htm . Quite a few of the lanes in the East Meon / Langrish area were closed, which was a shame.

There is also this awful mapping service on the hants website: http://whereilive.hants.gov.uk/rightsofway/Webform1.aspx which takes ages to get anything useful our of, but it's all there.

Kev

Hi CW!

That blue LR is a hybrid owned by a mate of mine. It's a 200tdi on a cut down Rangie chassis with a series bulkhead and rear tub, and the rest is mostly home made panels. It does look a bit like an ibex or a lightweight at some angles.

I must of waved at you in the 110 then!

How odd... I was also out on the 30th with James and Kev, but hadn't made the connection that Barry is CW despite sitting and talking to you over lunch! Doh.

I didn't join the group till after we passed the other guys tho as I had to work...

what i have paint work between the scratches?

:(

one deep scratch all down the drivers side thats gone through the paint

hundreds of little scratches all over the passenger side, it actually looks at first glance like someones airbrushed it. should polish out

oh well, i didn't buy it to polish it, so i wont get too upset.

i actually took more maint off with the presure washer than i did with the lanes

if you want a nice technical lane near alton then you should try water lane

you will be smiling after that

That's the one that started us off thinking about the area. Anyway, change of plan this weekend means we're south of Bath/Bristol now :-) Alton next month. Thanks.