adwest

ricky tango

i got a box direct from them, pretty quick, but i was appaled at how they sent it. it was in a cardboard box with no padding etc, luckily its built well and it wasn't damaged, i did complain. I've tried to contact them a few time since getting it but have had no joy... all a bit flakey if you ask me. - but the box is spot on.

Mav

If you ring them before hand, you can collect from the factory. That's what I did but it was for a standard 300Tdi defender box. They will charge you a surcharge which they will refund if/when you take your old one back.

hey guys i spoke to them and went down to pick one up , its a brand new out right unit only problem is mines got a disco type arm and when i got there he'd put me aside a defender early rrc type , and had no disco arms in stock so i got to bloody swap them :(

When I bought from them direct a few months ago the steering box arrive packaged well in a large card box with additional inserts to keep the box in place and ensure it didn't hurt itself.

Great service. Great product.

• 11 months later...

Yes. I bought a box from them last November (ish) and they were Magal then. I have a feeling that they have stopped supplying direct now though (i've seen this said in a couple of places and i couldnt find the sales part of their website the other day). I'm happy to be proven wrong on that though as it would be a shame if they have!

Yes. I bought a box from them last November (ish) and they were Magal then. I have a feeling that they have stopped supplying direct now though (i've seen this said in a couple of places and i couldnt find the sales part of their website the other day). I'm happy to be proven wrong on that though as it would be a shame if they have!

Typical. I just emailed the UK contact, maybe he can shed some light on the matter...

Cheers.

Try these guys, I've mentioned them before, they give a good service and a 12 month warranty. Bit biased as i'm in Brum, and they offer a swap on the day service. However if you are further afield they do ship.

http://www.steering-racks.co.uk/boxes-cars/

£165 +vat for an LDV, recon 4 or 5 years back. It's been as good as gold

Cheers Pete.

I actually just got a rather prompt email back from Magal, they do still sell direct, but there is a 2 week lead time on boxe's just now. Awaiting a price.

£388inc P&P to Aberdeen... still pricey, gone up £100 in 12 months ouch...

Yeah turns out its expensive to ship to me ~£50 they must be using a more exopensive courier as it didn;t cost me that much last time.

Yeah its Megan I'm dealing with also.

Edited by Maverik