Recession? What recession?

SOA 93

Thats why I love eBay full of idiots that think they know when they get a bargain

When the new td5 dash came out. I fitted it to my 90 and then I put the full gen kits on eBay for £250 and sold quite a few

On the way to the post office I used to go the the local dealer and buy all the bits need gen for £80 and them post it to them

(null)

Thats ridiculous-why would you pay that kind of money when you can get them much cheaper elsewhere!!

Are you sure?

Pattern doors of the old Ali/box steel are ~ £325 each

Door cards ~ £60 new

Winders

Glass

Bits'n'bobs

I doubt you could build a pair of "new" old spec doors for less than £1000

I wouldn't describe them as cheap but you wouldn't get them from a breakers any cheaper

Are you sure?

Pattern doors of the old Ali/box steel are ~ £325 each

Door cards ~ £60 new

Winders

Glass

Bits'n'bobs

I doubt you could build a pair of "new" old spec doors for less than £1000

I wouldn't describe them as cheap but you wouldn't get them from a breakers any cheaper

Yes but go to a decent breaker and you will more than likely get them for a lot less money than was spent on e-bay

Tdci doors are fetching mega money - these are not far off par for the course - wonder what the dealer price would be for two new doors, painted??

A mate of mine works for a large bodyshop owned by one of the big insurance companies doing insurance crash repairs, and they commonly buy second hand doors and panels rather than new dealer parts to keep their overheads down, probably what helps keep some of the prices artificially high.

Why would you have new take off tdci front doors? Most other bits I can understand, but I can't think of a change you would do to a new Defender that would mean you got rid of the doors, there isn't really an upgrade from these doors.... is there?

hmm tbh I don't think that price is "that" bad, when you look at what genuine new doors are going for and as sgnas says, BUT i wouldn't fork out that much for them, too many squid for me in 1 shot. - all the decent breakers I know are pretty savvy when it comes to defender parts... all very pricey, specially stuff off the TDCi's...

I picked up 2 genuine new steels doors for about 200 squid a pop from craddocks, totally stripped and unpainted, so had the hassle of making a pre 98 door internals fit it and then got the prep and painting... I've still probably done them for under 1k... but proabably not that much.

the market dictates prices,plenty of rusty knackered doors about,but if you want decent or very good you have to pay the money,any one tried to find good second row 110 doors recently?

Hmm agree. There's a a few on fleebay (just looking) new stripped one for 210 buy it now... and others...