A lucky escape!!

Just came across this Hope it's not anyone on here!! Although there are no details about the speed of the accident etc it looks like they had a very lucky escape.

Shows again why a roll cage is a good idea and how a defender roof is basically a tin box.

Jason.

WOW, you would never have thought anyone would get out of that, never mind quite literally walk away from it!

Also scarey to see just how flimsy the Defender is if it does end up going over!

Looking at the picture I think there is a slight mound in the foreground so there is probably a hollow where the lads heads would have been..... otherwise they would surely be dead? Bloody lucky escape though :blink:

Edit: It looks like it might possibly be a drainage ditch that the car is over

i think i will advise my cousins lad to make the effort to get a roll cage fitted ASAP. they were bloody lucky to get out of that, :o any suggestions as to where we can get a decent one from. he has not yet ventured on to laning but would like some advice on roll cage. many thanks.

ron.

Safety devices and Protection and Performance are your 2 main roll cage experts, Whitbread offroad also make them... I was juts lying in bed thinking as seen as I have the truck in piece parts again... it would be a good time to get a cage in it too... hmm food for thought.... thats one flat top...

Mav

Just came across this Hope it's not anyone on here!! Although there are no details about the speed of the accident etc it looks like they had a very lucky escape.

Shows again why a roll cage is a good idea and how a defender roof is basically a tin box.

Jason.

Shows more why not to let teenagers borrow a car that needs more careful driving techniques... ;)

Safety devices and Protection and Performance are your 2 main roll cage experts, Whitbread offroad also make them... I was juts lying in bed thinking as seen as I have the truck in piece parts again... it would be a good time to get a cage in it too... hmm food for thought.... thats one flat top...

Mav

And North Offroad, Heard good things about their cages :)