i need some ground anchor bolts. can anyone point me in the right dire

discomikey

as per the title really, im ready to install my new toy (4 post ramp) and i need to get hold of 16x ground anchor (is that what theyre even called? like a rawl plug but stronger and for concrete. the hole diameter is 21mm so i assume that its a 20mm thread i need.

any suggestions?

cheers.

have you had a look at Hilti, they do a two part system that you drill in and then fix with a resin. They also do the types that will expand as well.

Another make to try for the expanding plugs is Fischer, I've found their frame anchors to be bloody good.

Link for Fischer.. http://apps.fischer.de/poc/default.aspx?page=details&layertype=Z&sprache=EN&kat=$MART-HK-$MKAT-HK-$MPG-SCHWERSTAHL-$MZG-F69&ekat=$EKAT-HK-EN

HTH

ta night train. spendy they may be, but as thats the size of the holes in the bases of the towers, im guessing thats what i need for it to safely lift (its a 3.5tonner) with for some reason a max lift of 4 tonnes (depending on wheelbase)

The resin stuff is really good, I have used hilti cem fix when I worked in the entertainment industry, we used it for putting security bolts into walls and concrete ceilings that would act as a safety point to clip to when working at hight. They all got load tested and we never had one fail

Glue bolts win every time for strength & longevity!

If you were closer I'd lend you the kit - but Screwfix is your friend!

My ramp is held down with M16 high tensile studding x 4 in each corner with Nyloc nuts and is solid as hell!

We use Resapol anchorgrout for fixing out machines down. I'd be tempted to phone the manufacturer and ask for the recommended fixings. It may be 21mm holes for M16 studs, to allow for variances in floor drillings.

cheers guys. local bolt/bearing suppliers had some m20 rawlbolts for £2.50 each obviously x16

then i went for resin aswell as the tube was £6 but then i had to spend £20 on a resin gun that ill probably never use again haha

so all in all its totalled up to £66 which aint too bad i dont think. add that to the £600 for buying it, and around £60-70 to fetch it.

and dads mcdonalds £6

so around £742 all in

isnt it just. in hindsight though wish id gone for m16. as getting all 4 bolt holes to line up perfectly with the holes in the posts is a nightmare because the holes are 21mm diameter and the bolts are m20. and apparently m16 is perfectly strong enough too. ahh well all 4 posts are secured now and ive just got to wait for dad to give me a hand with setting the bed right.