Who's going to Eastnor?

Went today, what a pile of carp. Trade stands full of cheap tat or rusty junk and 12 quid to get in was at least 10 quid too much. Plus I didn't take the disco and instead took the golf due to it doing over twice the MPG (160 mile round trip) then found I had to park in about 3 inches of mud luckily I didn't get stuck but plenty did including some arse in a spanking new RR Sport lol and the driver of the mx5 next to me wasn't best pleased at all.

Went today, what a pile of carp. Trade stands full of cheap tat or rusty junk and 12 quid to get in was at least 10 quid too much. Plus I didn't take the disco and instead took the golf due to it doing over twice the MPG (160 mile round trip) then found I had to park in about 3 inches of mud luckily I didn't get stuck but plenty did including some arse in a spanking new RR Sport lol and the driver of the mx5 next to me wasn't best pleased at all.

The marshals must have been hired in. I hope it was nobody here but they were a bunch of twats. insisted on stopping you at all times, wouldn't let us join an empty stretch (75m?) of road to the exit instead driving over 300m down a muddy field in a transit van. Couldn't reason with them either! rent-a-cops.

Got a few bits I needed which was good.

Some traders had to set-up outside on Saturday morning because they were not allowed into the main show ground! they were fuming. I think it was a smaller affair than the Bristol show and we were done in about 3-4hours. Luckily had free tickets from Difflock, would have been annoyed if I had paid.

A shame.

G

The marshals must have been hired in. I hope it was nobody here but they were a bunch of twats. insisted on stopping you at all times, wouldn't let us join an empty stretch (75m?) of road to the exit instead driving over 300m down a muddy field in a transit van. Couldn't reason with them either! rent-a-cops.

Got a few bits I needed which was good.

Some traders had to set-up outside on Saturday morning because they were not allowed into the main show ground! they were fuming. I think it was a smaller affair than the Bristol show and we were done in about 3-4hours. Luckily had free tickets from Difflock, would have been annoyed if I had paid.

A shame.

G

Agree with the marshals issue, I found a nice solid bit of grass to park on just off the Tarmac lane and was told I couldn't park there and was pointed in the direction of a freelander traveling sideways across a field, now I'm not a huge freelander fan but instinct told me if a landy is sideways and struggling a vw golf estate should not follow, so I took evasive action across the field. I then walked past where I was told I could not park about 5 mins later to see the same Marshall happily talking to people in the 3 landys now parked there, his mates I wonder?. No organisation as far as parking was concerned, surly common sense would say where certain vehicles would be best parked ie send the 4x4s into the mud and keep the cars/ vans on the dry stuff.

Agree with the marshals issue, I found a nice solid bit of grass to park on just off the Tarmac lane and was told I couldn't park there and was pointed in the direction of a freelander traveling sideways across a field, now I'm not a huge freelander fan but instinct told me if a landy is sideways and struggling a vw golf estate should not follow, so I took evasive action across the field. I then walked past where I was told I could not park about 5 mins later to see the same Marshall happily talking to people in the 3 landys now parked there, his mates I wonder?. No organisation as far as parking was concerned, surly common sense would say where certain vehicles would be best parked ie send the 4x4s into the mud and keep the cars/ vans on the dry stuff.

must have been the same bloke! we parked up there and got shouted at so followed the others in our transit van across the mire.

G

Marshall pointed me in a very good spot. I also found it amusing that I seemed to be able to get my notoriously tractionless 1 series BMW in places a Disco 4 could not.. Guessing that was a driver issue.

A small show and tickets could have been cheaper, i've never worked out the pricing structure for these things and can I be controversial and suggest that the arena is dead. I never bother watching now as it's always the same old stuff over and over.

My wife suggests there should be a lower rate for people who aren't really interested i being there. Adults £12, Children under 5 Free, Reluctantly present partners £5

Reluctantly present partners £5

I think that's a great idea!

I thought it was a good weekend - nice and relaxed atmosphere and a nice mix of club and trade stands. It was quieter on Sunday despite the better weather.

I have a different view about the organisation. I agree I don't think hired in security guards are necessarily the best solution for parking - there are specilaist parking/stewarding companies that have a bit more experience in cars'n'grass - but what was good was that the organisers were thinking about the weather and the effect it was having in the showground and trying to be careful, flexible and decisive.

It was frustrating not to get all the clubs and traders into the showground but the result was the displaced traders effectively got as much room as they wanted in the carpark - I saw a 5x5metre tradestand that had been reserved for a trader but because of the access they had set up outside - and had spread out as much as they wanted.

I'd like to see a show at Eastnor back in the calendar.

Cheers

Blippie

We were there from Wednesday with 16 cars from the Belgian LR club and although the weather was really English and the show small, we spent a lot of money ^_^

We also visited a bit the area, including a warm welcome at Ashcroft and Allisport and we got a nice trial presented by MWORC on Sunday.

So all by all it was a pleasant long weekend so probably we come back next year.