Forum greenlane trip? Not organised but open to all.

GBMUD

I seem to have left planning a bit late this year but I am intending to have a little weekend greenlane excursion the weekend of the 2/3/4 November. I had in mind the idea of taking a look at Yorkshire as I have not been greenlaning there before - I know, big place, any suggestions what part/s I should look to visit? If anyone would like to join me then that would be great! I will look to find an inexpensive hotel for the weekend, if others want to camp then I guess that there may be campsites available. I do know that one or two 'economy' travellers have discretely slept in vehicles in hotel carparks before now...

In the past I, accompanied by other members of the forum, have had some nice weekends away in Mid Wales, Northwest and Northeast Wales, The Lake district and the Peak district and it would be great if some other forum members would come along again on a 'just happen to be in the same place at the same time' basis. By this I mean that I am not organizing anything. I am not booking hotel rooms for people, arranging or suggesting green lanes or routes or arranging groups in any sort of an organised way. On the other hand, I am happy to share greenlanes identified with other group members so that we all have something to do! In short I am not prepared to open myself up to any liability but let's make it a good trip!

So, fancy a dirty weekend away with me? Sorry, I will have the wife there. ;)

Chris

Chris,

Unfortunately you have managed to do it again and find yourself in an area of the country at the end of the half term holiday!!! So it is very unlikely I will be in that area on those dates.

Jason.

Chris,

As ever I would love to join you for a weekend on lanes but alas this time I am already booked by Mrs. Freak for a week in the South West visiting Emily and spending a week exploring the area....

I hope all goes well and I look forward to some pictures....

Neil

Visiting your daughter at uni? I am pretty much prohibited from doing that! Even a phone call once a month seems to be frowned upon. Never mind, next time.

Ah.. But I'm going down with bribes..... Printer, clothes drier and Ikea Meatballs!!!!

We are advised that we WILL be taking her shopping for loads of heavy stuff (Wine, Vodka etc.) and if we are lucky we might be able to buy her a meal out somewhere...

Other than that it's a week with Pru and the Woof walking etc.

Grrrrrr!!!!!!

Poor timing :-(

We will be on holiday that week. Oh and there's the small matter of getting my engine back together.

Somehow the first issue kinda makes the second seem insignificant.

Try the Woolly Sheep in Skipton town centre. It's a Timothy Taylor's pub so plenty of decent beer to choose from, lots of rooms friendly staff and secure car park. Or you could try Devonshire or Forresters in Grassington.

Hope this helps.

Thanks thats helpful. The Wooly sheep is fully booked, they have a party. The Devonshire only has a few rooms left so book quickly.

Not sure about the forresters

Ashley

Try the Woolly Sheep in Skipton town centre. It's a Timothy Taylor's pub so plenty of decent beer to choose from, lots of rooms friendly staff and secure car park. Or you could try Devonshire or Forresters in Grassington.

Hope this helps.