Who do you use for online spares and why?

mikec

Another vote for Paddocks, but they do have a lot of britpart stuff.

Also like Britcar as there is normally a choice of genuine, ome or pattern so you have the choice.

Generally the service is quite quick and they have gone out of their way to try and track down some genuine bits for me.

Couple of order cockups where the wrong parts have been sent but very quickly sorted out.

I normally use allmakes, paddocks, euro car parts for some bits and land rover main dealer.

I used d*v*n 4x4 a few time but the experience was so bad I still can't write the name properly as it brings me out in a rash!

I can understand that possibly down to the price, but I'm always had excellent service from them :)

Never had a problem with Paddocks ever always get a call or email if there is an issue occasionally the local indepndant if i am desperate!

genuine comes from local dealer after finding they are better on price than LR Series or Rimmers.

Devon 4x4 never ever ever again!!

fixings the local nut and bolt shop

I've used DLS, Craddocks,Brit-car,Exeter4x4,Brookwells never had any problem with any of them.

Can I just point out, DLS buy the majority of their parts from Paddocks and add a little onto the price. I find DLS over priced and rude on the phone! You'd think theyd try and look after there local customers!

Can I just point out, DLS buy the majority of their parts from Paddocks and add a little onto the price. I find DLS over priced and rude on the phone!

+1 Certainly rude and disinterested in my business.

Never had a problem with LRDirect, LRSeries or Paddocks. The former two give you the choice of the brand, the latter will be Britpart or own brand. Some of which ain't bad.

Thing is, I can't help but get the feeling that we don't complain enough about poor service once we take delivery.

I'm usually a big user of paddocks, but only for stuff that I know isn't britpart, or I don't care if it is (pretty small list there).

Though their recent achievement of taking almost 3 months to refund me when a damper broke, along with a couldn't give a toss attitude, took the tiddle a bit, so I'm not going to rush back to them.

Usually LRSeries or MailOrder4x4, have used a LRDirect a few times as well and like the choice they give with parts, very happy with all three. Stopped using paddocks when they kept sending orders out wrong and tried to blame me, even though the parts they sent didn't match what was ordered on the invoice. Only used Devon 4x4 once and the service was so bad they won't ever get my money again!

In brief bullet points,

Poor communication

Expensive postage

bad attitude

selling something they didn't have in stock

I can say I've never had anything but good communication with them, and no bad attitude :). Questions always answered quickly. Postage isn't that bad, certainly worse ones out there!! As for the stock... anywhere can have that problem!

I can say I've never had anything but good communication with them, and no bad attitude :). Questions always answered quickly.Postage isn't that bad, certainly worse ones out there!! As for the stock... anywhere can have that problem!

Congratulations! I am pleased you get on so well with them many many people do thats partly why I used them but as I say never again for me.

Well I tell you what I wouldn't bother with Island 4x4 - very bad customer service :(

Oh yep I had a problem with something, sent it back and nothing ever heard again. It just begets belief companies have this attitude, especially with land rover spares and similar, there's so much competition around.

Prior to moving to the other end of the bloody country, I had quite a good supply setup going.

I tended to buy most things from Land Rover directly. Some bits came from local LR parts chap, and general consumables I generally got from the local motor factors for convenience's sake. Very rarely I bought things online in recent years.