no oil pressure on 300tdi ??

That to me reads "Oil pump pressure relief valve" not the actual oil pump.

If indeed an oil pump has been fitted the you" Ralph " must be right with the cam bearing.

There's not a lot more to loose oil pressure with.

I hope he fitted a new timing belt kit when he did the pump.

Well there's only the camshaft left now.....

I wonder did he feed the fingers of the oil pump gear over the nose of the crank correctly. Was the nose of the crank rounded ?

Also did the "O" ring on the pick-up pipe get replaced.

What happens if the oil filter is taken off and the engine spun over with the stop valve disconnected ? Oil should fly ot.

Possibly a daft suggestion this.

I was told by a man who did a lot of Range Rover repairs that RV8's used to require the oil pump gears to be primed with petroleum jelly so that when starting the engine for the 1st time they would suck up the oil from the sump, would this also apply to a 300Tdi?

Possibly a daft suggestion this.

I was told by a man who did a lot of Range Rover repairs that RV8's used to require the oil pump gears to be primed with petroleum jelly so that when starting the engine for the 1st time they would suck up the oil from the sump, would this also apply to a 300Tdi?

No, refer to my earler reply to this 'priming' suggestion, LR workshop manual just says fit new pump & start engine.

Bit late now, if you changed the engine, but when you had the sump off did you check the oil pickup pipe isn't cracked or broken?

Just thinking an air leak above the oil level would prevent it from ever priming itself.

• 4 months later...

Hello.

Anyone know at what pressure a gauge would read at tick over and at running speed on a 300tdi.

A mate has fitted a new rad/oilcool and he is getting low readings after installation. He did have good pressure as he called before the new parts.

All the pointers from the thread will be gone over to night.

Thanks