stolen landrover 90

jim_bob

Sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting, however i have just come back off holiday and found that my Landrover defender 90 has been stolen from my street. It's a 1989 E616 YYC green in colour but traces you can see underneath. It has Freestyle alloys with Pirelli scorpion tyres. It is fitted with a 200 Tdi Disco engine. If anyone happenss to know of it's whereabouts or any information that may be linked to the vehicle including partss being sold etc. Please contact me, My name is Ryan and my number is 07500018003. Thank you!

post this on www.landywatch.co.uk too.

I hope it's found & returned safely.

this is OT but could lr4x4 not team up with landywatch and allow them to post here aswell as LZ and defender2 forum? may help is getting some back..

and of course, i hope you get it back in one piece!

Edited by Landy-Novice

Location is mentioned on a LandyZone posting as shown below http://www.landyzone...mid-207076.html

'stolen land rover 90 county reg E616 yyc green (showing red under pannels) 200 tdi disco engine fitted with lt77 gearbox freestyle alloys with pirelli scorpion mud tyres

taken from the gornal wood area or dudley weat midlands reward for any info to lead of recover

if anyone offered any parts or the hole vehicle please contact me on here or on 07500018003'

thanks everyone for the kind words an thank to cwazy wabbit for posting the links to the pics an the location. im hoping it will be found as well with it being posted on so many forums an on landy watch hopefully someone recognise it somewhere.

if so many of them are being taken an people are looking out for them where are they all going ?

Fewer than you might imagine go abroad (apparently). Most are stripped and sold for spares - though in the winter, they tend to be stolen for people to drive through the snow, floods, hedgehogs etc. So, I'd say you have a better chance of it being recovered whole at the moment than if it was stolen mid summer.

After all, the market for spares in the UK is bigger than anywhere else in the world - so it makes most sense to sell them here!

I really hope you get your truck back - I know how pee'd off I'd be if mine vanished!

Quite a few people have asked me what tracker I bought for mine. I got it from here: http://dx.com/p/900-1800mhz-ip65-waterproof-gps-gsm-vehicle-tracker-for-motorcycle-electric-golf-cars-ordinary-car-73004

It seems pretty good although the instructions are diabolical! It says it's waterproof - but I wouldn't rely on it for full submersion. It ended up costing about £50.

Si

It's mad the amount of them that are going missing and the amount of people that hear about themyou would think trying to sell parts they would get found. I imagine it would be going over seas, can only hope it gets ftiound somewhere. If i decided to get another (if mine is not found) then I will be getting some sort of a tracker fitted.

Edited by Happyoldgit

!

Quite a few people have asked me what tracker I bought for mine. I got it from here: http://dx.com/p/900-...inary-car-73004

It seems pretty good although the instructions are diabolical! It says it's waterproof - but I wouldn't rely on it for full submersion. It ended up costing about £50.

Si

Does this one have a subscription or contract Si?

I have to mention, not sparing Si's blushes and for anyone that doesn't know; Si produces some fantastic security products for Defenders. Just click the link in his signature and go to Security!

I've got one of the trackers thanks to Si for the recommendation ages ago. I use a T-mobile PAYG sim card as it seems to have great coverage. It works via text message and can do all sorts.

Works a treat.