craddocks

dave88sw

Has anybody else had trouble with craddocks? Last time i used them was about 2 years ago, ordered some brake pads on a monday, needed them by the weekend. Come friday they hadn't arrived so chased them up "oh, our tracking system tells us theyre at the couriers depot", bearing in mind they weren't dispatched until Thursday. Had to go and pick them up in the end.

Fast forward to now, thought i'd give them another try, ordered something from their ebay shop last friday, realise they wouldn't have done anything until monday but expected it to be dispatched monday morning, still hadn't by wednesday so contacted them. They promised they'd be in post the next day, they still haven't dispatched it. So Monday morning i think they might get a rude phone call.

Am i the only one or are they generally ok?

Dave

Funny thing, I have had a very similar experience. Although I live in Denmark. Have only ever heard good things about them, so when I needed a clutchkit for my S2 I thought why not, they had everything in good quality. But boy did I have a bad experience. First off delivery took ages, 2,5 weeks or so. And when they finally arrived they had charged me double the amount. Okay honest mistake I thought, so called them up, but they said that could no way be their fault, I was to contact my bank. So I did and they said that as the company are the ones charging the amount, the fault was all on their side. And after a bazillion calls back and fourth I finally gave up and swore "never again"! When dealing with paddocks it takes about three days to deliver, and whenever there is problems they are very helpful.

So I was very disappointed too..

Genuinely they are an ok firm to use, I never had any issues save for a wrongly sent water pump, but other than that :i-m_so_happy:

When I lived in the UK it was a choice of 4, Mansfield 4x4 (my local independent), Paddocks, Craddocks or Rimmer Bros.

Almost no problems with parts quality or delivery issues for the 10+ years I used all of them.

I even had a soft spot for JSF 4x4 in Norwich as worked that way a lot....

Not a fan of Craddocks, I've told this story before but it shows their mentality.

One of the mags had a Series1 86" with a rotten top rail on the bulkhead. Craddocks had one factory repair rail left and gave it to the mag.

After that they started selling not great new copy full bulkheads as replacements instead of getting copies of the repair rail made instead!

Marc.

well i wouldnt normally use them, as you say, the website is carp and so far customer service has been pretty poor but they are the only people that stock a lot of the stuff i want. They have a lot of NOS series land rover bits. I just don't understand how they survive when they caqn't even be bothered to put the items in the post.

• 4 weeks later...

I seen this post and had to add my two-pence worth I live in Ireland and recently bought a couple of things from them, the website I found to be useless and when I did finally order my parts I had to purchase them and then request a total for postage so after I clicked on the buy button I had no idea how much the total was really going to cost me. The First amount was deducted from my paypall and after a couple of days I managed to get the delivery charge sorted out and payed and then a few days later Wednesday I emailed them to say I needed the part that weekend was there any way they could post it asap. I got it the following Tuesday.

From my experience they are most useful for hard to get parts. As long as you have a part number their website is easy to navigate. If you don't then its horrible.

Also try and order everything you need at once, possibly with friends, as their postage charges do seem a bit steep