Quiet in here at the moment

pugwash

well I'm on here coz I'm after some wheels/tyres on ebay that are narrower than 195s I have fitted. In the meantime I am draining the rear brake system to fit braided hoses and painting my knob red. :o that is a home made gearknob made from 2x2 inch wood.

then will be getting a wire brush to clean a pair of shocks and springs, be painting both, springs orange - obviously :rolleyes: and shocks blue or black depending on whether I want to use cans or the air gun, or maybe even BRG.

(this is all stupid nonsenical stuff the kit car failed on at SVA)

then mr. hoover comes out for a long overedue visit to the carpets in the house. :ph34r:

seems really quiet around here- anyone up to anything interesting?

Nope. Long weekend and I have a bluddy throat infection which means I've been able to eat a bowl of soup in the last 48 hours and that is it :angry: so I am starving, grumpy, I have a headache and my neck feels like I have been gargling EP90 with gear teeth in. Not looking good for rovering or ribbing this weekend..... bah :angry::angry::angry:

well I'm on here coz I'm after some wheels/tyres on ebay that are narrower than 195s I have fitted. In the meantime I am draining the rear brake system to fit braided hoses and painting my knob red. :o that is a home made gearknob made from 2x2 inch wood.

then will be getting a wire brush to clean a pair of shocks and springs, be painting both, springs orange - obviously :rolleyes: and shocks blue or black depending on whether I want to use cans or the air gun, or maybe even BRG.

(this is all stupid nonsenical stuff the kit car failed on at SVA)

then mr. hoover comes out for a long overedue visit to the carpets in the house. :ph34r:

It failed an SVA on not having the right color springs?

Could you provide some more info on the sort of things the SVA test realy threw up so the rest of us can benefit from your experience.

It failed an SVA on not having the right color springs?

Could you provide some more info on the sort of things the SVA test realy threw up so the rest of us can benefit from your experience.

ah, 2 + 2 = 5???

firstly this is a kit car I am completing. the SVA inspector noticed paint chips on lower arms holding axle and chassis and failed due to in his opinion arms are fouling on chassis.

After having lifted the rear end and undoing both arms on driver's side., there is over 50 mm of droop from when axle is hanging freely i.e. it is on endstops of shocks, there being some preload. Therefore I do not think he was right - most likely the marks occured when the axle was dropped or place during assembly. Ther is no way there can be 50 mm of travel in the shocks when fully extended by the springs.

Anyway, I looked into various ways of lowering the rear end to increase arm/chassis clearance (hence posts about shortening spings, calculating rate) and realised a simple and cheap solution would be to raise the top mount This I did by making a shorter buffer that liftts the spring/shock by about by about 15 mm.

In order to do this, the shocks had to come out and as they were out, I thought I might as well paint both shocks and springs to use up some tins of spray paint, which I did. All fitted and hunky doryish for now.

Now sat at work with a sour neck and back after the car I was co-driving in hit a huge rock and flipped over.

fine at the race meeting but now sat at work feeling very sorry for my self after it took three hours to get to work due to usless london nobs that can't drive. it normally only takes 1.15 mins. and Nigel was suppose to meet me to get a lift in but didn't. and I just missed the sandwitch van. :(

Now sat at work with a sour neck and back after the car I was co-driving in hit a huge rock and flipped over.

fine at the race meeting but now sat at work feeling very sorry for my self after it took three hours to get to work due to usless london nobs that can't drive. it normally only takes 1.15 mins. and Nigel was suppose to meet me to get a lift in but didn't. and I just missed the sandwitch van. :(

You were in a truck that rolled AGAIN

Bloody hell remind me not to let you in my truck :lol::lol::lol:

You were in a truck that rolled AGAIN

Bloody hell remind me not to let you in my truck :lol::lol::lol:

this was the long Vally comp

Pete was not too happy but he lost the front diff on lap 2 and we were on lap 5

a 4.6 buggy with only two wheel drive.

I will admit it I was scared in places :blink: