To 8 spoke or NOT to 8 Spoke?

Finally got round to trying a set of 8 Spokes out on the Defender.

Originally I bought them with some ropey 235/86r16 mud pluggers for the 80", the tyres were then replaced with some part worn 265/75r16 BFG A/T. But once fitted they were

• Blatantly Illegal
  • Looked stupid

xb9j.jpg

OK so finally I got round to fitting them to the 110 yesterday..

Hmm, OK driven to work today, wheels definately need re balancing, over 50 theres a hell of a wobble on the steering :(

Anyway, what do you all think to the Gayspokes ?

With Gay Spokes on 265/75r16 BFG AT the wheels just fit within the arches.

gl2g.jpg

With original Boost alloys and original 235/85r16 General Grabbers.

imag0291g.jpg

What do you all think looks best ?

Should I get them rebalanced or just go back to the Boosts?

Ta chaps.

I really didn't like them once they were on. So I have whipped em off and popped the Boost back on. There's still 20K left on 4 of the grabbers (I've done 26K already). Plus 265's are not for me, 235's when I come to replace them

So I shall sell the 8 spokes on, after Christmas, and hopefully they will pay part of the way to going rag top again on the 80", then I will be able to fit the 7.50s to that and still get it in the garage !!

Hmm, just noticed one of the plasic grills has fallen off the stupid row of spotlights on the roofrack !!

In my defence I must point out they were on the vehicle when I bought it 3 years ago, I have used them once in that time to help put a marquee up late one night for a Scouts camp, but they tended to blind everyone and rapidly depleted the battery!

Problem is they are all wired up now so removing them would just leave a hole through the roof.

This is like the Emperors new clothes to me.................Sorry.

Boost are ugly as f**k. Heavy and clunky looking and just not suited to Defenders at all.

More suited to a Range Rover/Land Cruiser car like look, which ISNT what a Defender (or any other proper Land Rover) is about. Trying to make it look like a car just doesn't look right, in fact, I cant think of any alloys that DO really suit it.

Steels look FAR better in any flavour IMO,