Morning

chubbyleprecon

>sorry about the misplacement, I know thats not even close, didnt mean to put it in here >< if a mod could move, Thanks<

Hi My names Mike, Im sure you guys get this all the time but Im right now in the process of buying a Range Rover and my brother suggested that I get on to a decent Land Rover forum, in hopes that I can get some advice when needed or just do some good old lurking :ph34r: so just to throw a friendly hi out there.

Hope to see you all around

How can you be so chirpy at 05:21? :o

Hi btw and welcome.

JULES! Where's the coffee? <_<

I told you if you told me at 6.20 when we were at the petrol station we would have some sodding milk....

you used the last of it you go and get it. :angry:

ooh and get a recipt :)

Sorry OT

What are you looking for

Range Rover Classic

Range Rover 38a (don't do it)

Range Rover 3

Range Rover sport

I had a similar question last year here which the good members on the RR forum discussed.

In the end my Dad bought a V8 RRC, which I am now using as I busted my 200tdi Defender and the wifey has the TD5 Disco.

NB there is a stange burbling noise from under the bonnet, that explodes into a throaty roar as I pull away! Most odd. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

and now

How can you be so chirpy at 05:21? :o

Hi btw and welcome.

JULES! Where's the coffee? <_<

hahah East coast, was only about midnight :D

What are you looking for

Range Rover Classic

Range Rover 38a (don't do it)

Range Rover 3

Range Rover sport

I beleive it would fall under Classic, its a 94, I think it said CountyLWB(long wheel base?) on the back...?

here this should help any one but me identify post-2003-1161378629_thumb.jpg

ok checked the ad it is a Land Rover Range Rover County LWB, 1994, 66k miles ( :D ) V8 4X4

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

and now

hahah East coast, was only about midnight :D

I beleive it would fall under Classic, its a 94, I think it said CountyLWB(long wheel base?) on the back...?

here this should help any one but me identify post-2003-1161378629_thumb.jpg

ok checked the ad it is a Land Rover Range Rover County LWB, 1994, 66k miles ( :D ) V8 4X4

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm V8 :D

Proper Power, not a TDDDDDDDDDeep fat Fyrer

Nige

Do yourself a big fat favour and don't touch a Range Rover V8.

They are a pile of ****. It will bleed you dry of money very quickly.

They were carp when new and at this age you are heading for a total disaster.

I had one once NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't listen to all the old waffle of a "BURBLY GROWLING THROATY V8" from other forum users.

BELIEVE ME THE NOVELTY OF LISTENING TO A V8 SOON WEARS OFF WHEN THE dam THING IS SITTING ON YOUR DRIVE AS IT'S BROKEN DOWN AGAIN AND YOUR GOING TO GET SPANKED BY THE GARAGE FOR ANOTHER £500 REPAIR JOB.

ALSO THEY EAT FUEL AND ARE ONLY SLIGHTLY QUICKER ON THE ROAD THAN MY 200TDI DIESEL DISCOVERY.

BUY ONE BY ALL MEANS BUT YOUR GONNA GET poor VERY VERY QUICKLY.

Don't listen to all the old waffle of a "BURBLY GROWLING THROATY V8" from other forum users.

I must admit I find that waffle a bit surprising too. Particularly coming from owners in a country where petrol is over 6 pounds a gallon. Just record the sound of the throaty v8 on audio disc .Fit loud exterior speakers if your winkle is particularly small ,and just turn up the volume as you leisurely accellerate away in a more practical, reliable and economically affordable deisel powered vehicle.

Bill.

BELIEVE ME THE NOVELTY OF LISTENING TO A V8 SOON WEARS OFF WHEN THE FU--ING THING IS SITTING ON YOUR DRIVE AS IT'S BROKEN DOWN AGAIN AND YOUR GOING TO GET SPANKED BY THE GARAGE FOR ANOTHER £500 REPAIR JOB.

ALSO THEY EAT FUEL AND ARE ONLY SLIGHTLY QUICKER ON THE ROAD THAN MY 200TDI DIESEL DISCOVERY.

BUY ONE BY ALL MEANS BUT YOUR GONNA GET FU--ED VERY VERY QUICKLY.

Very strange, now I've no time nor interest in getting into a slanging match, Experience, one V8 Disco for quite a few years now, totally used and abused, one clutch, and with the miles and off roading its done thats nothing, currantly running 33" reversed rims and all the other bits, yep its had a few problems but some people say a vehicles unreliable if the cigarette lighter doesn't always work( mine does sometimes)

rangy V8, the infamous 4.6, again no major problems to talk about, but I did make sure mine had a new engine and bits before i bought it.

Its the usual thing buyer beware in my opinion.

And anyway what would you all do at weekends anyway, watch football, play golf, blahhhhhhhh

Thats my six penny worth

Bill

I must admit I find that waffle a bit surprising too. Particularly coming from owners in a country where petrol is over 6 pounds a gallon. Just record the sound of the throaty v8 on audio disc .Fit loud exterior speakers if your winkle is particularly small ,and just turn up the volume as you leisurely accellerate away in a more practical, reliable and economically affordable deisel powered vehicle.

Bill.

:D:D

that sounds like a 5pint plan to me

BELIEVE ME THE NOVELTY OF LISTENING TO A V8 SOON WEARS OFF WHEN THE dam THING IS SITTING ON YOUR DRIVE AS IT'S BROKEN DOWN AGAIN AND YOUR GOING TO GET SPANKED BY THE GARAGE FOR ANOTHER £500 REPAIR JOB.

Easy tiger

If its a Long wheel base (LSE in the UK) its a 4.2 V8 and it in North America there for Fuel is not a worry as it will cost very little to fill up.

I could be wrong but I think the tdi ever took off in the states of if they sold them at all as a 2.5lt over the is a bit camp

3.5 or 3.9, a tdi will never out drag them but there is not much in it.

4.2 and 4.6, a tdi is not even close for power.

Classics are not fantastic for reliability but there a 1000 times better than a 38a for reliability.

I run V8's and have blown up two in 12yrs. My brother runs Tdi's and he has done one engin and four cam belts two within six months in Tdi's alone.

Don't get me wrong I do a 80 mile each way daily comute in a td5 disco :)

If it is an East Coast vehicle I suspect it will have been the victim of the Tin Worm. Look very carefully (i.e. with a hammer :blink: ) for rust EVERYWHERE.

I shall say that again - EVERYWHERE.

The rustiest vehicle I ever saw (and happened to own!) was an East Coast (Montreal) Range Rover!

And no, I wasn't joking about the hammer.

Wow chill mate,

I love V8's But have always had Diesel as Jules and me have argued about for years :lol:

I have 6ltr V8 as a company car, and i am in the procees of buying a V8 Disco 2 for the Misses.

As for your slanging of the Range Rover classic. I think they are lovely. Had a few of them and had no problems with then at all. And i gave mine some real carp off road and on road. I am looking at the moment to buy a 3.9 Rangie as we speak as a toy. There is nothing like a driving a rangie. Love them. (apart from the 38a which is the bigest pile of carp )

There is an old saying . You kick a V8 and it will Kick you back harder.

My company car did this the other night when a Minaro thought it would have a go. He backed of when i was winning at 100mph and i kept going. (bloody aussie think they drive fast Blah know nothing to them 80mph is fast :lol::lol::lol: )

But with my V8 i have always got them sorted in the way of tuning from the start and then get them done again when i have needed to. This made them run sweet and never cause me any problems.

But if you can't afford to run a V8 does not mean you have to slag off all V8's. When i was in the UK i could afford a V8 but could not justify it. (there is a big differance). But now with feul at 40p a ltr then bugger it why not.

And as this chap is in the staes where they pay what you pay a ltr for a gallon. What does it matter what MPG it does.

Oh and if they are only slightly quicker than a Diesel i surgest you get the petrol serviced. :lol:

Reminds me of a chap who i was talking to a few years ago. He ran a garage in tidworth . And had his little deciples all round him. He had a 90 with a BNW diesel in it and when i asked how it went , one of his lads jumped in and shouted Goes faster than my 3.9 V8 90 from the lights. At which point i turned to him and said well I surgest you get your V8 serviced then . :)