Lights Left On Warning Buzzer

JeffR

As my charming wife has just flattened the bloody battery on the Car, yet again (third bloody time in the past 5 days - I hate her shifts), is anyone aware of an idiot proof,reliable, after market buzzer that I can fit to a 200TDi Disco?

Use a normally closed relay, wire the coil of the relay to an ignition live and then the switched side should take a live from the headlights to a buzzer. With the ignition on and lights on, the relay will be open and therefore not making a noise but when the ignition is switched off, the relay will close and the buzzer will sound, until the lights are switched off and the buzzer then has no live feed.

Hope that helps

because if his discovery is anything like mine, the door pin switches only make contact when they feel like it, my interior lights come on about 10 seconds after the door is open

Mine are great at coming on, but they don't like going off

Piggyback a wire from the headlamp feed into the power terminal of a relay, use the courtesy lamp as a trigger, and use it to power a car horn installed in the door pocket.

Bet she would only do it once more : )

Good idea, however, I suspect my testicles would be removed (with a blunt teaspoon) and stored in a jar on the bedside cabinet.....

I've re-wired The 109 so that only the sidelight's can be left on, the headlights are ignition controlled. Ultimately they'll be LED lamps so they won't draw much power, and occasionally I want to be able to see by them without the engine on.

because if his discovery is anything like mine, the door pin switches only make contact when they feel like it, my interior lights come on about 10 seconds after the door is open

Well if you can't fix a door switch, you probably shouldn't mess with anything really complicated like a relay :blink:

Well if you can't fix a door switch, you probably shouldn't mess with anything really complicated like a relay :blink:

Or maybe i'm not bothered about not having courtesy lights (and the irritating keys in beeper) but i would want a reliable lights on buzzer using a relay from the ignition switch rather than an unreliable door pin switch...