Pickup cover - need suggestions

This here is my 110.

null_zpsc69155f0.jpg

I need a cover or something on the back. I need it to be reasonably weather proof. There are a couple of options available.

1) Truckman top

I don't like this one at all. It is way too high.

61397d1302358633-landrover-defender-td5-

2) iFor Williams canopy

Not a huge fan, I think it's too high.

null_zps5f5d9570.jpg

3) Canvas

Looks alright but I think it's too high.

IMG_0456.jpg

4) Tonneau Cover.

I kindof like these - They are made of fabric though...

1987-ext2902_bkm_90_truck_cab___tonneau_

5) Fabricated Aluminium covers

These are awesome but over my budget. Also I'd be worried about water leaking through the hinges

land-rover-130-top-box-xlge.jpg

6) home cooked solution.

What I really want is just one flat lid. Maybe folded over the side of the tub for fool proof weather proofing. The problem is you'd need a thread plate sheet about 1900x2300mm - they don't sell that anywhere!

What I'd be happy with would be something like this (ish)

4x4-show-05-002.jpg

Or what other options do I have?

Been thinking long and hard about this and I think the canvas would suit best. It offers the most flexibility. Not too pushed about the security aspect, I would rarely keep anything of value in the back.

I'll see if I can pick up something second hand though.

post-13725-0-26632900-1312838706_thumb.jpg
post-13725-0-38830800-1312838702_thumb.jpg

Here is the one i made for mine, alas it is not weatherproof, but i made it a long time ago. and if i were to do it again i have a fair few ideas on how to make it weatherproof. its secure though, and comes off by undoing 2 hook bolts once it is open. cannot be removed without opening so if locked it is still secure!

if you do make one, make sure to measure your land rovers bed, mine wasnt square if i had assumed it was it would never have fitted in a million years!!!

I had the latter berg cap (chequer plate) fitted to my L200. It did have a rubber seal around the perimeter but it leaked like a sieve. The manufacturers instructions were to remedy this by drilling holes in the tub.

The roller type came with drain tubes which also required the tub to be drilled (poor design IMO). The single piece lid was very restrictive when carrying tall loads but it did unclip quite easy.

The joys of a pickup...canvas or fabric is more adaptable but less secure, metal more secure but can limit loads...I do remember seeing a folding style lid which had about 5 sections on the bed and could be folded to any opening and locked in place

If you don't have the metal working tools then what about using hardwood or marine grade ply? Plenty strong and robust and if need be could be chequer plated over.