Shipping Steering box

Put the steering box in a plastic bag an zip tie it, to stop any leaks of oil - mailman or courier does not enjoy the smell of EP90 or servo oil the same way we do :unsure: especially not when it is all over the floor of the van. Then wrap it in bubble wrap or like. put it in a box that is as small as possible to keep it from rattling and stuff it with papers or like. give it 2 stripes of tape all round in all 3 directions and that should keep it in the box. I just send a Warn 8274 winch that way to keep it low cost. :i-m_so_happy:

Heavy things sent by courier tend to survive pretty well. I think it's because they are too heavy to throw or kick like a football!

Personally, I'd seal it in a fertiliser bag or similar with a cable tie, wrap in bubble wrap then entomb in parcel tape / pallet wrap.

If something looks easy / fun to kick, throw, frisbee - it will be! Package whatever so it is awkward, unwieldy and un-aerodynamic!

Si

If it were me, don't even bother with the cardboard, just bubble wrap in layers and lotsa tape.

I once sent a radiator cowling with just an address label stuck to it, nothing else, got a funny look in the post office, but they accepted it :)

When I ordered the new one it came direct from adwest in a heavy duty card board box and had extra card taped over sharp bits, although it came with the small steel pipe bent and buckled, but I just re-used the old one off my original box.