2 switches for rear work lights.

Hi all, I've had a search but can't come up with anything so wondered if you intelligent chaps could help me.

I've got two led work lights on the back of my Disco with a switch at the back door. I want to for a switch in the front but want the switches to work together, so if I switch them on at the back I can turn them off at the front.

So can it be done and what's the best way to do it?

Any help is appreciated. Chris.

Hi,

Same as stairs lights at home! Can't draw it as Ipad, how ever you need two cross over switches so connect power to common at front switch then two wires from front switch to back door switch then the common from the rear door goes to the light then light to earth. If the lamps are high wattage then the rear switch common would go to a relay instead.

Marc.

I think a white light to the rear of a vehicle has to either operate as a reversing light and all that entails or if its a worklight be operated by a switch as you describe, in which case it shouldn't be used as a reversing light even though I guess we all do from time to time.

Anyway, I'm sure I read that for worklights there should be a warning indication that can be seen by the driver whilst driving ( to avoid you driving off with the work lights on )

So with the normal switch and lamp setup an illuminated switch solves this. In your case if you want this to work you need to run a wire back from the relay to the dash for your warning light.