oe 24 spline limited slip diffs.

qwakers

are there any 24spline LSD's fitted to another manufacturers axle as standard (for example i believe jeep fitted lsd's to some of the cherokee range) that will shoehorn into a rover axle. i assume not as i would have thought i would have heard about it by now.. but you never know.

of course but have you seen the price of them? besides if i was to go down the big money route i would be looking at a pair of pegged diffs, HD crownwheels and airlockers, with HD halfshafts.

but instead of spending thousands, im hoping i can go to a scrapyard and pick up a cheap diff for £50.... my truck has always been a budget toy, hence my welded rear diff rather than having a locker in it........ cant do that to the front.

patience and 2nd hand flee bay?

(to answer your question, not not aware of anything but I'm not knowledgeable enough).

I bought a truetrac, which by the time it landed + VAT and duty direct from the US was marginally cheaper than the UK prices (paddocks seemed about the best at the time I was looking).

Then when I came to getting a second for the rear (cashflow), I stumbled across the ashcroft ATB, and had I been aware of it at the time I was shopping for them, I snapped one up as they were in my opinion better than the truetrac + cheaper (would have liked a matched pair front and rear, but I'm a perfectionist).

I'd suggest if it's a cashflow thing then keep your eyes peeled on the selling section here + other forums + fleebay and bide your time.

You can peg the diff yourself if you've got the tools + patience (kit on ashcrofts site), or you can bodge it with a bolt (or two) various links on youtube + elsewhere on the net (each to their own + consider your own viewpoint), not for me thanks (phosphor bronze plate is a better idea in my opinion). Or there is Nige's site.

A path well trodden is of major benefit + the avoidance of development error (buy cheap pay twice etc).

True-Tracs (24 spline) are the only remotely affordable LSDs that will fit that I have seen advertised here in New Zealand. They are actually so cheap, relatively speaking, that I wouldn't imagine it would be any cheaper to bodge something else in and you are getting something new with a decent enough reputation. Have you actually priced them?

True-Tracs (24 spline) are the only remotely affordable LSDs that will fit that I have seen advertised here in New Zealand. They are actually so cheap, relatively speaking, that I wouldn't imagine it would be any cheaper to bodge something else in and you are getting something new with a decent enough reputation. Have you actually priced them?

i cant find any form of locker or lsd for less than £300

S/h Airlockers, LSD, etc, etc, occasionally pop up on the Devon 4x4 forum, so may be worth browsing from time to time.

Agreed. My kaiser locker was £170 off eBay, and I got an arb for my mate off Devon forum for £250

I have a brand new Kam lsd that will be forsale in a week or so,

however much i'd like to have your arm off unless you either want to sell it to me ridiculously cheap or take installments i'm not going to be able to pay for a locker for quite some time yet.....

In the uk the Ashcroft ATB by far the cheapest traction aid

http://www.ashcroft-transmissions.co.uk/limited-slip-differentials.html

Wow, that is cheap! I'd imagine postage to NZ would change that though. (I really wish I had access to some UK priced parts right now - my 110 project is killing me but when I try to order from there, the shipping is insane.)

Wow, that is cheap! I'd imagine postage to NZ would change that though. (I really wish I had access to some UK priced parts right now - my 110 project is killing me but when I try to order from there, the shipping is insane.)

About £75 to NZ, not that bad really,

Dave