AWDC Final round @ Slindon..... its all over now

Well hope everyone got home OK. Cheers to everyone who organised it and laid on the bonfire and fireworks. A fantastic display indeed. Was well cold in a tent but good sleeping bags do help. Had a great time on the event co-driving on what must be a unique vehicle on the challenge circuit!!!

Well done to all the prize winners. Happy to catch a prize for SS1 even though there was no actual driving involved whatsoever!!! Was a great site and would have loved to have been competing with the big boys. Ne'er mind. Fun was had and its time to think about next year. Have ya finished yet Steve?

So what did everyone else think.

twas a good day indeedy... enjoyed myself I reckon.

didn't have time to sit down and rest for the majority of the day, however I soon ridged the ropes to snap a few times, just to annoy the driver... :D ( 3 times wasn't it Adrian - please sir, can I have a new rope now)

but yes, but fun had, another well organised event. I did notice however, that some punches were a complete AR$E to get too, so we didn't bother.. Some punches I am sure you needed something like a helicopter to get to. :)

and its really nice to be able to be home after 30 mins of driving.....

Must start with a big thank you to Neil and his team, :i-m_so_happy: well done on another great year, roll on next year, put me down for all 8 :P

Well i had a so, so day, nice to only be 30 min from the site, weather was great, motor ran well with no problems :) front winch rope will be going in the bin, snapped 3 times :angry: and on straight pulls :o and some off the punch placement :o your taking the P*** :lol::lol: don't no were we came? will find out later :(

Well done to all the winner's, good 3rd place for Lee90, well done mate. I'll see you at santa's.

Nice to meet some of you from on here, hello to Mr Nick, hope you got home ok.

Thats it for now as i can't be a**** to wright any more :lol:

Glad you had a good time!

Adrian - if you'd got even a half decent result on SS2 you would have been 2nd :P

Whaddya mean the punches were an a**e to get to - isn't that the point :o We had some of the best punches we've had all year and you lot opted not to do them. I think everyone was just a little bit weary!

Anyhoo - we have a plan for next year which is most definitely quality not quantity, so don't expect to be able to pass them by, you're gonna have to do them or go home early ;)

Thanks to all involved - competitors, marshals, officials and sponsors alike for a very rewarding experience

Event results are now available

HERE

The all important championship results will be posted when I finally crawl out of my pit tomorrow

Glad you had a good time!

Adrian - if you'd got even a half decent result on SS2 you would have been 2nd :P

Whaddya mean the punches were an a**e to get to - isn't that the point :o We had some of the best punches we've had all year and you lot opted not to do them. I think everyone was just a little bit weary!

Anyhoo - we have a plan for next year which is most definitely quality not quantity, so don't expect to be able to pass them by, you're gonna have to do them or go home early ;)

Thanks to all involved - competitors, marshals, officials and sponsors alike for a very rewarding experience

Event results are now available

HERE

The all important championship results will be posted when I finally crawl out of my pit tomorrow

No complaint's from me Neil, just my way of say'in top job :i-m_so_happy:

2nd :o don't tell me that now :rolleyes: As for going home early, were used to that :lol: do we win a prize this year for that ;):lol:

Top job Neil, see you soon mate :)

I had a lovely walk around today with PaulW, NigelP (Non-Forumeer), and briefly with SimonR. It appears I sent Trevor off into oblivion, as I gave him directions into the outback first thing, and I never saw him again!

Managed to take a whole bunch of piccies, and I wittled thme down to the 113 or so at the following link: Horsham4x4 Piccies...

Final Championship points now available

HERE

Congratulations to the 2006 AWDC Scorpion Racing Challenge Trophy Champions

David Herrington & John Pinney :D

and well done to the class winners

Modified Class - Richard Nicolson & Nik Tall

Standard Class - Paul Bass & Nev Hudd

2nd - - your having a laugh... that ruddy driver of mine just can not stop talking can he.. if he stopped chatting to people we would of had time to do the mud run. and then had a dam good result... :angry:

right Adrian- - time to wire your gob shut .. me thinks... :D is there a strong enough wire avaliable... ???????

What a great weekend, had a great laugh Saturday night, but felt a bit worse for it on Sunday, got to be the hardest event yet for my right finger switching the winch button!! Tom suffered a bit too! :D It took me 2 hours today to pressure wash all the mud off the Rhino.

Thanks Neil for running another great event we will be back next year in the mod class with something on portal axles.

I had a lovely walk around today with PaulW, NigelP (Non-Forumeer), and briefly with SimonR. It appears I sent Trevor off into oblivion, as I gave him directions into the outback first thing, and I never saw him again!

Managed to take a whole bunch of piccies, and I wittled thme down to the 113 or so at the following link: Horsham4x4 Piccies...

Well what a great day, saw so many great trucks I recognised though recognising the drivers and forumeers proved more difficult. Great event and the competitor spirit was wonderful though some of those punches looked pretty evil.

Didn't get totally lost Graham, went and watched the punches west of the entrance road before moving up to the outback then down to SS1 after lunch. Lara now wants me to teach her winching so we can enter :blink:

Well what a great day, saw so many great trucks I recognised though recognising the drivers and forumeers proved more difficult. Great event and the competitor spirit was wonderful though some of those punches looked pretty evil.

Didn't get totally lost Graham, went and watched the punches west of the entrance road before moving up to the outback then down to SS1 after lunch. Lara now wants me to teach her winching so we can enter :blink:

Hi,nice to put a face to a name thanks for coming over :)

so you may be entering next year then you will enjoy it

I didnt think the punches were particularly harder than usuall but a bloke who seemed to be taking a lot of pictures of us asked my co driver why we were doing all the hard punches?

My vehicle charge alternator stopped working in the morning and by mid afternoon I came to a stop and had to run back to the base and fetch some wire to make up a temporary link between the winch bateries/alt and the vehicle alt.

The electric fan had run down the vehicle battery to such a state that the stop solenoid clicked out.

I hadnt changed my clock in the landrover and was happily plodding along thinking that I had loads of time left when really there was less than 15 min.

I had hopped to try and beat Richard by 2 places this week end which was a tall order so congrats to him.

Considering how badly I did at the start of the year I am happy with my overall result.

I recon there will be a "freindly" battle between me and Adrian next year - Bring it on.

I think I would like to put my name down for organising one round next year if there is going to be a similar set up to last year.

i'd be happy if the motor lasts for all the rounds.. :D

and if the driver stopped talking at critical points of the day, However I will allow the insults/heckles to continue between ourselves.. and also the pie brothers (Les, Nick) :D

I find that if I say I am going to do well I end up doing badly so If I let you win first over all I ,ll be happy with first in class :D

If that's the case Neil you might want to talk to Chris Watts, GBMUD, on here and take a look at his spreadsheet for scoring punches based on number of people that have reached it.

Cheers

Steve

I had a fun year, thanks to Neil for letting me tag along and you lot for being consistantly entertaining!

Pics wil be upi on my site from Slindon asap, hope to see you all next year.... :ph34r:

Simon

thanks for making us so welcome from day one at slab,

see you next year i hope and hope to improve on 8th

so will be chasing rob and adrian