South West Challenge 4

JST

Yes, a big thanks to James AND the Marshall's for an excellent day.

Also thanks to Anton && Paul at OEC for sponsoring the event. ;)

We had a good day with little carnage to report, just a dinged G/box X member.

The Hydro winch worked a treat all day with the new 12mm and we never needed to double line. We were also pleased to note that we were the only std to get punch 1.

I was really pleased to see good sportsmanship form all the competitors……… that makes it so much more enjoyable.

Ian

post-269-1168278115_thumb.jpg

post-269-1168278137_thumb.jpg

OT- Tim (TJ101) isn't your offside front on back to front?

IMG_8183.jpg

Ah Good question Jim, they are all like that !! Jase did also comment ! can not say I have driven them the other way round, is there a difference :unsure:

Back on Topic, from what I saw,(as a marshal) a good event again, the lunch when down a treat ! thanks Jim, The punches look tougher that previous, but not a lot to do, only had to winch one competitor and one marshal :rolleyes: Bush managed to get from one end of the site to the other by winching from tree to tree, after braking the steering box, and donate some fuel to a unnamed quad driver, who think they run on water :lol: so stayed dry most of the day, unlike most of the bitches

Nice to see the Oec as sponsors there, along with the proprietors of Southdown, David Bowyer, and Devon 4x4

most appreciated and i only got stuck once which was nice.

and that was in the doorway.........

Jim - cheers for delivery the chips even if they were traditionally late..... very much appreciated by all though, thank you.

and that was in the doorway.........

Jim - cheers for delivery the chips even if they were traditionally late..... very much appreciated by all though, thank you.

cheers for the chips jim and thanks james for an excellent day.

Cheers to nick for letting me get nice and wet and seeing an event from the bitches perspective. Next time can we have glass in the windows please.

James

Is my series in the STD + 1 class with two winches?

paul

IMG_8183.jpg

Ah Good question Jim, they are all like that !! Jase did also comment ! can not say I have driven them the other way round, is there a difference :unsure:

Wondered if it might help with climbing out of ruts (well for the fronts anyway)?

Better late than never! I have experienced some technical difficulties posting since registering after the event so my apologies for the delayed posting. Trev has kindly sorted this out for us so here goes to our inaugural posting.

On behalf of OEC International I wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for making the day out so successful despite the 'driech' weather. To James, cracking punches and well laid out and organised. The day wouldnt have been successful without the competitors and to my mind I thought everyone competed in a wonderful spirit - it was actually a breath of fresh air! Also, our thanks to the marshalls - sensational committment, competition after competition. Finally thanks to the Land owner and the big fella for supplying the tucker at half time - cod and chips. I hope we can be part of future events held at Bampton and from all of us at OEC Intl. - thank you for a cracking day. Hope there isnt too much damage to repair all round.

Anton, Paul and Team

Hey Anton and Paul

Good to see you here- thanks for donating prizes as it makes these comps that little bit more interesting, and is much appreciated.

I hadn't realised you guys were getting into the offroading scene so much- i always assumed you were more like frogs island and were really only interested in expedition vehicle prep.

As long as the mods don't mind, maybe you might like to put post what you guys do, your history and the areas you are interested in.

Cheers

Jim (the lardy food provider)

I grew up in Newton Abbot, well, just outside - for a few years. :) Welcome to the forum OEC. You will have spotted that direct advertising is frowned upon here. There are a number of retailers who post on the forums and, like yourselves, make it clear who they are. Any advice you can offer in a non-commercial sort of a way is most welcome, I am sure that word will spread about the services you offer. :)

Chris