Windscreen seal

Ok so we got the windscreen out in one piece! Phew and yeeha!

So ordered a new seal, which arrived today.... so which of the x2 channels/groove does the glass go in???

One channel is quite tight ( the edge touches the middle part of the seal) and will need leavering out, the other grove seems shallow with a smaller lip.

So need to know which is for glass and which for the cord?

Cheers Mutley

• 2 weeks later...

hope you got an OEM version - the Britpart seals seam to be dodgy sizes especially alpine lights - they dont fit as sections too big/fat.

I thought it was me at first so got a "pro" in - he struggled as well, then via interweb found out we were not the first!!

I have since discovered even Haynes Manual on Defender refurb mentions the fact that Britpart seals dont work - brave for them as its half sponsered by Britpart it seems and you seldom get the bald truth.

So if you have grief check section size - Mr Pro also said a lot of seals (Not OEM) are difficult even for him who does it all the time.

Good luck!!

just about to get another new screen fitted (thursday) . Its worth paying the £75 excess, and I always request a new rubber, so i assume it will be a genuine one. Might ask for the old one, , (about a year old,) and offer it as a freebee.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the screen's IN!!!! YEEEHA!!!

Thanks to Happyoldgit's post with the photos.Followed it to the letter, all on my own too and NO soapy water just like the pro did it!!! Well happy and put in, in 15-20mins took longer to get seal on the screen and the cord in but who cares!?! Thanks to all for your input regards Mutley

Have no idea Anderzander, i got a brand new seal from LR Series ltd. about £12 but it states O.E.M so went with that, have to say the fit was perfect and it was nice and supple , think genuine is about 70 to 80 quid. But i am happy with the result and the quality of the seal.