For those who like an oldish tractor

Arjan

I have an early 1947 continental, I bought it on a whim a few years ago but have never done anything with it, it is now camouflaged in bracken. To be honest I was more impressed with playing with the three point linkage Ferguson jack it came with than actually using it!

I've got a 135 I bought a year ago and have never even driven it, it was a good buy, I paid £1500 for it in good nick with linkbox and some other kit - I may find a use for it it one day!

I once borrowed a little tow along digger, two wheels and feet with a Perkins lump. Single actor and a fairly small bucket .. it was sooo handy and I always thought if I ever spotted one similar I'd buy it.

I've never really spent much time looking for one and I reckon when scrap was through the roof thats where they probably went.

I used to have an interest in a Standard Fordson model N

The need for a means to tow that to shows was the original reason I bought a Landrover.

I somehow feel I was towing rather overweight for my 88" 2.25P. A quick search tells me the tractor was around 1500kg, and the hydraulic lifting Lo-Lode trailer was mighty heavy on its own.

That was 25 years ago... The Landrover bug got its teeth in deep :lol:

There were a few different drive ratios ranging from pretty slow to effin slow. Denoted by a coloured spot on the axle case.

The Landy wasn't much faster when hauling this combo. I do recall resorting to low box when climbing Pebble Hill in Betchworth.

That was somewhat less dramatic than driving an 8 tonne steam showmans engine plus living van up that same road.

• Like 1