Has anyone reset throttle linkage 200tdi FIP?

Hi guys

Reset the throttle linkage on a 200tdi FIP pump meaning removing the complete linkage from the splined shaft as the one on the new engine / FIP pump is all set wrong as the govorner comes in we'll before the plate reaches the stop, is there anything to worry about before i do it.

Edited by Happyoldgit
Edited title to reflect query
  • Like 3

In the end i chickened out as i didn't want to chance it and something going wrong but found out from another sorce that the lift pump should be fitted with a spacer, but as the old one that i removed as a matter of corse didn't have one i didn't realise it had to have one so hopefully a spacer should do it

Rattler, the lift pump should NOT have a spacer, the arm will not reach the cam if you fit one. The spacer is for earlier models.

Mo

TBH i am not entirely sure myself as i replace the lift pump as a matter of course whilst replacing all the gaskets and seals after buying the engine so i don't know how it ran before i bought it, i have read up in the Haynes bible that some engines had them some didn't and son goes on the landy forum on FB and asked the ? on there and immediately everyone was saying you need a spacer so i will fit it and see :)

Right i fitted the spacer and the engine ran the same as it did without the spacer fitted but whilst i was scratching my head wondering what it is i noticed the old lift pump that i thought i had thrown on the bench and noticed it look different to the new bearmach pump I had fitted so I am just wondering if it would make a difference but I need to find the paperwork first but would it give this problem

If your refering to the throttle lever on top of the fuel pump then if the idle speed is correct then dont touch it. It sounds like someone has adjusted the throttle stop thinking it will gove more power even though governor cuts in it will rev slightly higher. I would post up a pick to confirm it but i would wind the throttle stop back to touch the lever

If your refering to the throttle lever on top of the fuel pump then if the idle speed is correct then dont touch it. It sounds like someone has adjusted the throttle stop thinking it will gove more power even though governor cuts in it will rev slightly higher. I would post up a pick to confirm it but i would wind the throttle stop back to touch the lever

I have compared the setup with the old engine and they are both set the same, when i started the engine up for the first time last week it was slightly idling faster then the old engine was so i adjusted the idle screw back a tad and it idles nice now.

I have decided to fit the old lift pump as i replaced the lift pump as a matter of course and never here'd the engine run before hand so I will give this ago and see

I've fitted an electric lift pump to my 200tdi (as have others on here). Mine is on a manual switch. I often forget to turn it on and it makes no difference whatsoever to the running of the engine. It will pull to 85/90 without the lift pump turned on. Thinking this was strange, i asked others on here and the reply was that if you don't have leaks in the system, the lift pump in the FIP is enough for this engine.

What i am trying to say is that i don't think that the problem lies with your lift pump. On or off, mine doesn't affect the acceleration in the way you are describing. Do you have any potential air leaks in the system? This may affect it perhaps, but it doesnt sound like your issue to me.

Either of the pumps you have above will be fine - only thing to check is that the arms on them both are the same length - they should be. They are just different configurations of the same thing. As the others have said, the spacer is built into the casting the pump bolts to on your engine, so there is no need for you to add one - if you do, the effect will be that the lift pump arm cannot reach the cam it sits on and it wont work at all.

No, the hose appears to have been snipped off :)

Yeah i had run out of clips to finish it off but it is on tight :)

The Bearmach lift pump i bought with part number BR3256R i don't no what landy part number it aquat's to but just thought all 200tdi lift pumps were all the same but i wanted a Bearmach one and ordered this one, what do you think :)

I've fitted an electric lift pump to my 200tdi (as have others on here). Mine is on a manual switch. I often forget to turn it on and it makes no difference whatsoever to the running of the engine. It will pull to 85/90 without the lift pump turned on. Thinking this was strange, i asked others on here and the reply was that if you don't have leaks in the system, the lift pump in the FIP is enough for this engine.

What i am trying to say is that i don't think that the problem lies with your lift pump. On or off, mine doesn't affect the acceleration in the way you are describing. Do you have any potential air leaks in the system? This may affect it perhaps, but it doesnt sound like your issue to me.

Either of the pumps you have above will be fine - only thing to check is that the arms on them both are the same length - they should be. They are just different configurations of the same thing. As the others have said, the spacer is built into the casting the pump bolts to on your engine, so there is no need for you to add one - if you do, the effect will be that the lift pump arm cannot reach the cam it sits on and it wont work at all.

Ok i will refit the old pump just incase the new one is faulty and see what happens, if not it looks like i may have inherited a problem

Yeah i had run out of clips to finish it off but it is on tight :)

Not wishing to point out the obvious, but the rubber inlet hose on the first image you uploaded, has been cut off, i.e. while it is connected to the pump, it is not connected to anything at all at the other end. I doubt this is your issue, but was trying to make a joke, and obviously failing :)

Not wishing to point out the obvious, but the rubber inlet hose on the first image you uploaded, has been cut off, i.e. while it is connected to the pump, it is not connected to anything at all at the other end. I doubt this is your issue, but was trying to make a joke, and obviously failing :)

Ha ha no prob's :)

• Like 1

It looks like a length of rubber hose over the plastic hose, either for protection or to pack out the Jubilee clip.

Just thinking ahead if refitting the untested lift pump doesn't work has anyone removed the micro filter from the fuel line banjo bolt if so how does it come out

No joy, refitted the old lift pump, removed the micro filter banjo bolt from the injection pump but found you can't remove it from the banjo bolt so had to refit it, so i have come to the conclusion my injection pump is naff, so i have adjusted the stop screw on the pedal for now so i have full rev's knowing the governor won't come in till i can afford to get the pump and injectors done