December 30th treasure hunt

GBMUD

I will be out over this weekend testing routes and looking for clues to set for our treasure hunt. I said initially that the route will be suitable for Freelanders and, if there are any coming, I will make sure that it is. If there are none coming then I can set it without having to worry about low spoilers, exhausts and such - I know that there will be some shineys there so I will try to avoid tight lanes as far as possible. :)

Please just let me know if you are bringing anything low, incapable or if I need to know anything particular.

Chris

Chris,

If you are thinking spoilers then it will be good to know if any folk are bringing Disco 2's or P38A's ;)

Unfortunately I am busy on that day, othwise I would have come along ............ hope all goes well. :)

Ian

Good point Ian, thanks. Pay attention everyone!

Sorry you cannot make it - I will see you at JST's do the following week though. :)

Chris

I will be out over this weekend testing routes and looking for clues to set for our treasure hunt. I said initially that the route will be suitable for Freelanders and, if there are any coming, I will make sure that it is. If there are none coming then I can set it without having to worry about low spoilers, exhausts and such - I know that there will be some shineys there so I will try to avoid tight lanes as far as possible. :)

Please just let me know if you are bringing anything low, incapable or if I need to know anything particular.

Chris

Scott not available as my navigator, so anyone interested in sitting in the RH seat of the NAS very welcome!

Being a V8 the heater works even in the coldest climate, as Mr Watts will confirm!

Hi Chris....

Coming across in the 110. Not raised or anything special. Will have MT's on and not worried about a few (more) scratches...

No winch so will be reliant on others if we get stuck ! ;)

Will have laptop/gps/memory map and friend as co-driver... Will also have some cameras to capture some of the event for all.....

Looking forward to it...

(Steve, if you are going, want to go over in convoy ?)

Hi Chris....

Coming across in the 110. Not raised or anything special. Will have MT's on and not worried about a few (more) scratches...

No winch so will be reliant on others if we get stuck ! ;)

Will have laptop/gps/memory map and friend as co-driver... Will also have some cameras to capture some of the event for all.....

Looking forward to it...

(Steve, if you are going, want to go over in convoy ?)

No winch needed but some of the army training area will be muddy so best have a towrope and a good recovery point - just in case. ;)

Chris

Chris - a little message for you from SWMBO:

1. No more biscuits

2. No more beer.

3. No more tea.

4. No more leaving the dog in the kitchen...... :hysterical: .

I think you have the wrong end of the stick... I was erm... I ummm... ahem...

Chris

No winch needed but some of the army training area will be muddy so best have a towrope and a good recovery point - just in case. ;)

Chris

[GULP]

Notes..... Ropes, recovery points, courage, clean pants....... (Mobile phone, Ralphs number, Ralphs other number....)

U recon these recovery points will suffice or do I go out and buy a big front bumper ?

FrontR.JPG

RearR.JPG

Chris, where are we all meeting up?

Yet to be decided. In the interests of fairness I though perhaps Andover-ish and Mere-ish as start and end points so that those coming from the west cannot moan about having to go further and neither can those from the east.

Have no fear, you will get the details - one way or another....

Chris

Gents,

BigSi is up for this too, if that's OK with you.

Me, little-muddy-plugger and wifey-muddy-plugger - probably.

Just standard well-maintained 110 as far as recovery points go, plus towbar, phone and food.

Not that worried about a few little scratches.

Can you guys cope with a filthy sense of humour and excellent chocolate brownies?

Sure Chris will be along to correct :(

But I believe their is now a reverse list for "entrants" as due to certain "rules" a max number of 12 vehicles,

my last reading of the list is something like below !

Marshalling/assistants:

1. V8 Camel

2. DieselJim (if I need him)

3. Dr Goon

Teams so far:

1. White90

2. JST (still in negotiation for a playing out pass)

3. Marcus

4. TJ101

5. V8 Freak

6. Bishbosh

7. DefcoL

8. Trainspotter

9. Honiton Hobbit (In pen!)

10. V8Bertha

11. NAS90

12. Mark