David Bowyer and LRE Magazine

Les Henson

It appears that LRE Magazine, and in particular Richard Green, have 'sacked' David Bowyer and severed all contacts with him in the future over the Billing/Kelmarsh (fiasco?). I know David has a bit of a reputation for being abrasive, but I would say that he's an asset to the L/R community. I also think that that LRE need him more than he needs them. What a ridiculous soap opera the magazine continues to be.

Les. :)

Both myself and my mate have spoken to David Bowyer and his wife at the shows a number of times over the years, sometimes as customers and sometimes just browsing.

We've always found them very pleasant and chatty.

Paul.

Both myself and my mate have spoken to David Bowyer and his wife at the shows a number of times over the years, sometimes as customers and sometimes just browsing.

We've always found them very pleasant and chatty.

Paul.

Try teaming up with him & his pick nick hamper & you wont find him such a nice guy :blink:

Hes a nice chap makes me laugh :)

It appears that LRE Magazine, and in particular Richard Green, have 'sacked' David Bowyer and severed all contacts with him in the future over the Billing/Kelmarsh (fiasco?). I know David has a bit of a reputation for being abrasive, but I would say that he's an asset to the L/R community. I also think that that LRE need him more than he needs them. What a ridiculous soap opera the magazine continues to be.

Les. :)

I wonder if this has any thing to do with it? from another forum which is not as good as this one :D

here was a meeting held at Billing on Thursday 30th Nov. Is was arranged by LRM, who had invited the traders to come along and discuss the Billing/Kelmarsh issue.

There was the manager of Billing Aquadrome and the guy who runs the offroad course and extra camping (names escape me at the mo)

About 40 traders turned up.

Some fresh points were made by David Bowyer that completely seals the arguement for most who attended, that it obviously is the correct decision to go to Billing. Mr Bowyer pointed out major concerns with the lack of infrastrcuture, especially limited hard roads around the show and also with the limited access which would create havock should the weather turn very wet over the show week. The result could be that Kelmarsh might question having the show there at all in future years due to the damage done to the ground etc. Are the local villagers ready for the onslaught of the volume of LR traffic etc., that will be on the roads in the locality?

David Bowyer also informed us that he had clarified with Kelmarsh that there were no other shows booked after the July "Billing" date going forwards into September, and had suggested that Kelmarsh could be moved to the 1st/2nd Sept now that there is no LRO show at Malvern. All makes good sense I think! Majority of the traders were in full support of this.

It was also confirmed that Live Promotions will be involved in organisation/logistics at Billing and that the new owners plan to invest large sums of capital improving Billing, which will clear up any doubts that might be there concerning facilities, security etc., and that there is a long term plan to keep Billing at Billing for many years to come.

Some of the improvements that we be put in place over the closed season by Billing are:

More showers and toilets

Improving the infrastructure of the exisitng facilities at the same time.

Clearly marked out camping plots. 1000 on site with another 450 over the river.

A lot of traders have confirmed that they will be going to Billing 2007, which included; Nene Overland, Allisport, 4x4 Touring Gear, Mobile Storage Solutions, Discoparts to name but a few; and i can see more confirming the same in the coming days/weeks.

There IS room for both to co-exist, but not on the same dates. Billing has being going for 16years at the same venue and same dates. why change something that has worked, in the whole, very well.

The Billing Land Rover Show. THE Right Place, THE Right Time, THE Right Show. See you there!!

Regards

Mark

Discoparts

01785 282939

I am going to Kelmarsh, and a day visit to Billing.

Peter

as has been already said, David doesn't need LRE, he's built a successfull business and has a good reputation throughout the Landrover community... good luck to him if he has walked...

...with any luck it might be another nail in the coffin of the Kelmarsh show (would love to see LRE fail)

David has always taken time out to talk to me when ever i have seen him

i once went to his stand when i got my Husky (bought it second hand) and the soliods were not working. Sat there talking to him with 150 pounds in my hand to buy a new set and some other bits for it . When he turned around and said. You pilock you have not earthed them. So he said to me to put the 150 pounds away as i won't needing any bits

In my mind somone who runs a business that meens alot to me.

the other question is does anybody still buy LRE. see too much same as same as to me

And the other mags are any different? :huh:

I subscribe to TOR mainly 'cos they at least feature some different stuff now and again, but even then I'm considering whether to renew or not when it comes up.

the other question is does anybody still buy LRE. see too much same as same as to me

I cancelled my subscription after the old forum affair. Whilst most of the LR mags are similar LRE is the poor relation in terms of quality and content and my subscription was in return for their provision of the forum that most of us frequented. Take away the forum and you're just left with a poor LR Mag - No thanks.

Mo