Keeping a 110 CSW warm

Must be something wrong, my 200tdi 110 has an excellent heater. The Webasto makes it get hot quicker, but after about 10 mins the heater output is the same with or without it.

Getting rid of the viscous fan helps if you spend a lot of time sitting in traffic, as the Tdi produces no heat if it isn't working. Also my viscous coupling had siezed which doesent help, at idle with a cold engine the fan should just be turning slowly, if its going at engine speed then its broke.

Took the thing for a decent run yesterday without the viscous fan. No overheating problems even on a long fast motorway/dual carriageway run but still no more heat from the heater. I am looking into the possibility of having a Pacet or Kenlowe fan fitted for summer.

I suspect that the heater box is full of mud and that the heater matrix is only heating up a large earthy brick, rather than the air that should be passing over it. I think that the heater box will need to come apart in the New Year and if the matrix is gummed up with mud, I will have a new one fitted.

If that doesn't work - I will just give up and wear more layers of thermal underwear! :rolleyes::lol:

Don't worry - I am camera shy :unsure::o;)

Don't you DARE post any pictures. :angry:

Not that you're not a babe magnet or anything Gordon, but piccys of you in thermals might be too much for those of us with a delicate nature. :hysterical:

This could even surpass Si's god-awful hairy legs! :rtfm:

Les. :ph34r:

Faulty or wrong stat was one of the first thoughs. Les checked it and it seems to open and shut as it should. Heater matrix full of mud is we now suspect, although we did get the heater pushing out reasonably warm air on Saturday out on Salisbury Plain :)

thought I'd already done a post of fitting a GKN overdrive to a Blue 110CSW :rolleyes:

If you have Ralph, I have not found it while looking and it does not appear to be in the tech archive, unless I have missed it. I searched when I was considering whether to go for an overdrive unit and the only reference in the archive is to the useful post with the engine speed comparison chart. Obviously if there is already a thread about fitting an overdrive then it seems pointless to duplicate it.

I've got another suggestion - heated jackets from motorbikes. Having tried Jez's I am well impressed, he runs Petal with no heater at all (and no door tops!) and they just put on heated jackets and plug into 12V - mmm toasty warm and you don't have to heat a drafty cab.

Don't buy the maplins ones that take AA batteries, they are really weedy. Pukka bike gear (Jez's are BMW I think) is far warmer and even waterproof.

Now that would be ironic! :rolleyes:

I don't need to use heated gear on the bike as I have a huge fairing, heated handlebar grips and heated seats (and pillion backrest). I had never through of using it in the truck but it is worth thinking about if the heater cannot be improved. Certainly cheaper than an Eberspacher unit.

Now what would the current draw from 4 heated jackets, 4 pairs of heated long-johns and 4 pairs of heated socks be? :unsure::huh: Probably quite a bit more than my Alternator is putting out! :o

If you have Ralph, I have not found it while looking and it does not appear to be in the tech archive, unless I have missed it. I searched when I was considering whether to go for an overdrive unit and the only reference in the archive is to the useful post with the engine speed comparison chart. Obviously if there is already a thread about fitting an overdrive then it seems pointless to duplicate it.

not a thread but I'm sure I added a link to my photobucket GKN OD fitting pictures on here, but can't find it, so have a look at GKN OD fit photo's start @ photo 1 on page 2. hth :i-m_so_happy:

Edited by western

Now that would be ironic! :rolleyes:

I don't need to use heated gear on the bike as I have a huge fairing, heated handlebar grips and heated seats (and pillion backrest). I had never through of using it in the truck but it is worth thinking about if the heater cannot be improved. Certainly cheaper than an Eberspacher unit.

Now what would the current draw from 4 heated jackets, 4 pairs of heated long-johns and 4 pairs of heated socks be? :unsure::huh: Probably quite a bit more than my Alternator is putting out! :o

Just stick some heated pads in the 'fender seats - sorted :D

Light a small fire in the back !! Small 12 volt fan to blow on the flames and move the air arround and all should be fine... (may need windows open a bit to clear the smoke)

Or... Install a small wood burner.... Bolt to the floor and cut chimney through the 110 roof.... While you are on green lanes or off-road there should be plenty of wood lying around that you can just pick up and stack in the back ready for burning !

Sorted....