Cheapest place to get a series 3 exhaust

neilc

Good morning , ive had to sorn the series 3 because there is no way I will get all the work done before the MOT is due , the main thing now apart from the welding (im not very good but im learning) is a complete exhaust , im ideally looking at getting a stainless steel one but ive only got £120 , is there anywhere anyone can recommend? . im in the West Midlands,  Im happy to collect and save on postage and I want to have a go at fitting myself. Im not the sort of person who posts before searching myself, ive had a good look , id also be interested if there  are any recommendations for a decent standard one , I can get a complete exhaust from Britpart for £60 but I wouldn't mind something mid range , I don't want to be replacing it every 12 months.

Thanks in advance

ive a 1982 2.5l Petrol.

A little cheaper:

https://www.paddockspares.com/parts-and-accessories/land-rover-series-2-and-3/exhaust/88in-stainless-steel-systems.html

£162 - not sure you'll get better than that for stainless.  Mild steel comes in well under budget - short term alternative?  The Britpart one I bought 4 years ago is still fine and cost me about £40.  I don't do massive mileage though...

24 minutes ago, jordan_meakin said:

A little cheaper:

https://www.paddockspares.com/parts-and-accessories/land-rover-series-2-and-3/exhaust/88in-stainless-steel-systems.html

£162 - not sure you'll get better than that for stainless.  Mild steel comes in well under budget - short term alternative?  The Britpart one I bought 4 years ago is still fine and cost me about £40.  I don't do massive mileage though...

Wow i know these are in stainles steel but i remember years ago a full mild steel exhaust system for a petrol from paddocks was only £35 

15 hours ago, Bowie69 said:

Honestly, for £165 you really can't go wrong, just give up beer for a month.

@Cornish Rattler, see this as a cure for your tainted rose-tinted-ness: https://www.paddockspares.com/sp1-88in-petrol-full-exhaust-system-right-hand-drive.html

Thats the one still not to bad then considering it was nearly 10 yrs since i bought my last series exhaust from them :)

Does anyone have experience with the ACR hi flow stainless system?

Roland does have a good reputation, I'm thinking the exhaust might be good value, even if more expensive.

The stainless system on our 58 has been on for over 30 years, the only problems so far have been the mild steel hangers.  We will have to replace the mild steel joining flanges this year (I have some stainless ones ready).  I reckon it has been good value.

hawleys of Sheffield custom made a stainless system for our Berlingo camper and it is a superb piece of workmanship.

Peter