QT Flexi wheel arches

FridgeFreezer

I think I may need a bit of extra wheel arch on the 109 for MOT purposes, eyeing up the options I can fit some defender ones (yawn / yuk), try to make something myself possibly enlisting some of MogLite's rubber collection, or fit a set of QT Flexible Wheel Arches. According to Bearmach's Catalogue the Series arches they sell don't fit 109's so there goes that option <_<

The price isn't bad compared to Defender/Series ones, with the bonus that they're pretty hard to break and don't look too bad (and aren't Defender ones :D ) so has anyone got any experience of them?

QT Arches:

post-21-1167410018_thumb.jpg

I think I may need a bit of extra wheel arch on the 109 for MOT purposes, eyeing up the options I can fit some defender ones (yawn / yuk), try to make something myself possibly enlisting some of MogLite's rubber collection, or fit a set of QT Flexible Wheel Arches. According to Bearmach's Catalogue the Series arches they sell don't fit 109's so there goes that option <_<

The price isn't bad compared to Defender/Series ones, with the bonus that they're pretty hard to break and don't look too bad (and aren't Defender ones :D ) so has anyone got any experience of them?

QT Arches:

No experience of QT ones, they are white peak engineering (your mate Andy :lol: ). SPI do the series ones for your truck in ABS. Front Spats are LR55A and LWB rears are LR55C, SWB and SW LWB rears are LR55B.

Andy

conveyor rubber is good and cheap

the stiffer conveyor belt stuff would be ideal. i've only seen it in white though, acquired for me to make a gun holster for a fancy dress party. you might want some in black if you can find it.

i've seen green garden edging used by an aussie on the internet somewhere (it was on a green landie) and that looked quite good. quite stiff also as he could support a few beers on the top of it.

not sure what the ones pictured are made of, but they seem ok, even if they have been in the wars a bit. means you can to a bit of arch trimming to fit some big tyres.

apologies for size of pic i'm just about to head out.

post-865-1167421275_thumb.jpg

QT Arches:

John as paul said they are from Bushranger over here and are alot cheaper than anything there by the seams of things. Comes in a roll and you cut what you need and put it on . That works out at about 30 poubnds

If you want i can price a roll up. After all they sell them at all the off road shops here so pretty much two a penny here

That's the problem with conveyor belting or Andy's rubber collection, it seems to either be too rigid/heavy and stress the thin ally of the wing, or flexible and you get "petal droop" to a greater or lesser degree. I'm not quite up to 18" wide boggers just yet though :rolleyes:

The kaylan stuff looks interesting but not off-the-shelf and there's only so much time I want to invest in wheel arches.

Ali - if you could price that stuff up with P&P I'd be really interested, I had a feeling we were paying over the odds from QT/Whitepeak.

That's the problem with conveyor belting or Andy's rubber collection, it seems to either be too rigid/heavy and stress the thin ally of the wing, or flexible and you get "petal droop" to a greater or lesser degree. I'm not quite up to 18" wide boggers just yet though :rolleyes:

The kaylan stuff looks interesting but not off-the-shelf and there's only so much time I want to invest in wheel arches.

Ali - if you could price that stuff up with P&P I'd be really interested, I had a feeling we were paying over the odds from QT/Whitepeak.

have a look at mine at the next club meet made from 5mm rubber from portmere rubber in southampton UV stable held in place with an ally strip about 20mmx3mm and rivets then a bit of 3mm stainless rod bent to support the flappy bit glued in place with you've guessed it sikaflex :ph34r: look like standard arches only wider i still have a template for mine which you could extend for yours

mike

Kaylan's easy enough to get hold of in standard colours; most of the rally shops stock it in sheets. Its really good stuff although its not cheap. Also, if you order direct they can make you any colour you want :moglite: