Warn Winch

CLANCY

Hi All I have a Warn HS9500i winch on my Defender <_< 90 300tdi.When I switch in or out on the remote control,I just get a click out of the solenoids,I have lots of power from my twin batteries Any thoughts on my problem.

Hi All I have a Warn HS9500i winch on my Defender <_< 90 300tdi.When I switch in or out on the remote control,I just get a click out of the solenoids,I have lots of power from my twin batteries Any thoughts on my problem.

I'm moving this from the Defender to the Int'l Forum as it will probably get a better response there.

i had similar on my T-Max. took the solinoid off & shook the hell out of it then tapped it a few times with a hammer (just tapped honest) & refitted on cleaned connectors, something worked & its never played up since.

Defo a dead solly pack, go for Allbrights, there's a connection diagram in the Tech Archive :i-m_so_happy:

Ralf.

Bear with me on this one.....

I recently purchased a 6.5HP Motor and an Albreit solenoid from those very helpful chaps @ GigglePin. The motor is now firmed bolted to the winch and all is tickatyboo. (but not yet running)

Next step was to undo all of the rats nest of wires around the old solenoids. I noted then that the plug-in connection for the trigger assembly was rotten.....back on the phone to Jim/Brendon @ G.P and they dispatched a new plug-in connector along with the instructions on how to wire it up...... to solenoids.

The connector also has an up-grade to connect it via 5 wires instead of the previous 3.....so I have to find homes for two extra wires now!

I've been to the tech section and found the daigram you refer to...it's the same diagram that came with the Albreit connector.

Where can I get an idiot proof diagram of how to wire in my new 5 wire plug to an Albreit connector and then to the 6.5HP Warn winch motor?

Any offers?

Thanks and regards.

Streaky.

Hi to all Thanks for all you help and advice on this one, I could check it out,Armed with your info, I have contacted BRITCAR (UK) LTD who supplied my winch,All parts in stock ie Solenoids @ very good prices. www.brit-car.co.uk

Thanks for the Tech Information,It reads very well.I will check out my motor first,Then I will make a decision on the Solenoids.I may be back if all fails me, to pick your brains. (Ps its nice of people to take time out and give advice)

Hi Some follow up on my winch problem,Spent today on it, carried out the motor test Thanks Br00n1e for paperwork,as it turned out it was the Motor, the windings full of wet and corrosion a total clean up and all is now working fine Thanks